- 34 -

- Hope's POV -

__________________________________

Here's another update. Sorry I couldn't keep my promise for a quick update..
__________________________________

The next day, I got ready in Baby's room. Just thinking about everything that happened the previous day, made me smile like crazy. I was going to the bank all thanks to Henry. I had to wait till I got a call from Mary through her friend's phone, telling me she was done opening an account. Now, I was stepping out to not just transfer money into Mary's account, but to way bill my old Infinix phone to the twins.

Just thinking about how Mary and Abasifreke can now finally pay for their jamb registration and the rest of my siblings school fees, made me feel a little bit at ease. I decided to way bill the Infinix to the first set of twins while intructing Mary to get a phone of her choice but with a strict warning that both her and Abasifreke won't fight over it and the money left after all the payments should be giving straight to our parents.

I knew Henry gave a million naira to my family, but I was holding the other five hundred thousand for backup. I still had that fear that whatever Henry and I had, might not last. I chose Mary over Abasifreke to hold the money cause Mary though younger, was more responsible.

I stepped out of the house looking a bit decent, while making a self note to get my self a change of wardrop. I wasn't that close to Christy like before to start borrowing her fabulous dresses. Henry at the other hand had promised to come get me out this evening, which meant I'd start living with him. Thinking about that alone made me smile. I just couldn't wait. Baby was looking for a new flat with Jackson to help out, meaning in no time he will be out of here. Can't wait for that too. His single was coming in, in less than a month.

My friend, a celebrity?! It felt like just yesterday when he was demonstrating how he'd blow if he ever came in contact with J.K, while begging me to put in words for him.

"Going out?" I placed Baby's big padlock on his door, then turned. Christy was dressed in a gray ankle length gown. She also had a black scarf around her neck and a big red Bible in hands.

"Yeah, to the bank." I raised a brow while accessing her dress choice. "Where are you going?"

"Church!" Christy announced, a little louder than necessary.

"You," I never knew the day will come when I'd put church and Christy in the same sentence. "Really?"

Christy nodded her head rapidly. "Yeah, I decided to stop my ways. Well..... Gradually stop my ways. Maybe that way, Baby will lift his ban and I can finally get into his room."

I wanted to tell her that Baby was packing soon but Baby would kill me if he ever found out that I told her shit.

"Alright then," I placed the key inside my bag. "I'll leave you with your.... well, your Bible."

Christy and I said our goodbyes and I was out within seconds. It didn't take long to board a bike that would take me straight to the bank. If only they were faster in the bank but no, they acted like that sloth in zootopia. I was grateful to leave the bank after five hours and as if on cue, my phone vibrated in my hands only to see it was from Henry.

"Just in time," I answered cheerfully. "Just left the bank."

There was a silence in Henry's part and I wondered what was wrong. "I could've called the manager, they could have attended to you specially. The idea of you standing for long...."

"I'm fine, Henry." I was literally his bodyguard for a fair amount of time. Standing was my calling. Henry was overprotective of me and I wasn't complaining. But I wanted to show that I could handle certain things on my own. "When my family heard about the money, they were so happy."