- 17 -

__________________________________
Baby's above so enjoy ❤
__________________________________

"He wants you to what?!" Christy directed me to sit on the bed, holding me like I was the most fragile thing in the world after she'd heard the news. Baby sat across the room, sipping captain jack, and obviously not hiding his lack of interest in our conversation.

"I don't understand," I replied dryly, while staring boredly at my friend. "Do I look like those characters in books and movies that repeat what they'd just said?"

Christy waved her hands and sat beside me. "Babe, he ask you to live with him. Like in the same house!"

"Bravo, you're not deaf!" I said that as an achievement as I crawled to the middle of the bed and laid with my stomach flat, across the hard foam. "And I'm not going."

"Eh?"

"Oga, I no dey go."I glared. "Because like this like this, you need cotton bud. Your ear don due."

I faced the wall, breathing softly. "I can't kill myself because of money."

"Babe, J.K finding out isn't enough reasons for you not to go. You're going in there for a mission o. For your money and you know...." I felt Christy readjust on the bed. "To still convince Henry to date me."

"Are you okay?" I had to sit upright and stare at Christy in utter disbelief. "Henry hates me. If he ever finds out that I'm that person that embarrassed him the other night, he'll have my head cut off!"

"You're being overly dramatic babe," Christy gave me a bored look. "Okay, see babe. I know say I go benefit if you go the house but, you go benefit pass me o. Think about your siblings, your parents, the promises you made. You're gonna use that money on them. You just have to risk it all. Can't you just do that?"

Though Christy had a point, I didn't respond to her. I remembered promising Mary and Abasifreke, that I would send in money for their jamb and promised to get them a phone. I remembered promising to pay my remaining eight siblings school fees. I had promised my parents money for upkeep and all is about to turn into audio promises if I do nothing about it.

"Baby," I called ignoring Christy. Baby probably didn't hear me which was understandable, judging by the ear buds he had stuck in both ears. "Baby!"

Baby's eyes darted towards me for confirmation. When he noticed I was indeed seeking his attention, he pressed something on his phone. Probably pausing his loud music. "Yes?"

"It's about J.K," I said to him.

"Watch me not giving a damn," He responded, venom sipping in each words as he pressed the play button on his phone. He was angry.

"He asked for your number through Henry and I gave it to him." I filled Baby in on what went down.

"Okay, and?" I could tell he really wasn't interested in the conversation. But since he'd probably lowered his music, I could tell he was just being his stubborn self. God, was he worst than a girl in her period. "He made it clear that he doesn't need a rapper then why ask for my number minutes after? Abeg make all of una get out."

I stifled a laugh while staring at Baby and at the same time, shaking my head. The mumu was playing hard to get.

"Okay, I should just call him and tell him he shouldn't bother with contacting you since you aren't interested." I reached for my phone and swiftly unlocked it with my finger print, before scrolling through my contact list.

"Stop joor, someone cannot feel relevant again." Baby got up and matched towards me to stop me from making any call. I pulled my phone from my ear and stared up at him. "Hope you didn't call him."