- 23 -

-  Hope's POV -

__________________________________

As promised, here's a new update.
__________________________________

I was so worried.

I was so worried and it was all because of Henry. The bike man stopped me at the gate leading to the compound and for the first time since my stay in Lagos, I didn't argue with a bike man with the amount he called like I was a child not knowing the prices from one destination to another in Lagos.

I was that worried.

I walked through the gate and of course, Mama Anderson and ancient of days was seated out, doing their usual gossip routine.

"Good afternoon," Mary greeted. I lifted a brow and promptly stopped on my track. I wanted to comment on what she'd eating to greet me this hot afternoon. Then it occurred to me that I was in my disguise, meaning they weren't aware I was Cherry.

"Afternoon," I swallowed my pride and greeted back.

"Are you looking for someone?" Mary asked again in a sweet tone. I almost placed my index finger inside my ear, to clean it.

"Yes," I snorted. "Christy."

"Oh," Mary frowned and I walked away from her to the door leading to the room I shared to Christy. I knocked a couple of times before noticing the padlock on the door.

"It's as if she's not around," Mary hollered from where she sat.

"Do you know her?" I feigned ignorance.

Mary nodded, "My very close friend."

I almost choked on my on spit as I stared at her dumbfoundedly. "You don't mean it."

I didn't waste time and moved over to Baby's door. I gave it a small knock and got ready to hold my breath cause Baby's room even with how fancy it was, usually smelt of cigarette smoke. Baby soon opened the door and his eyes widened with fondness after seeing it was me.

"Hope!" He chirped, "Come in."

I walked into the room and to my surprise, smelt really really nice. "Baby, watin dey sup? Girl dey come visit you today?"

"Why do you ask?" Baby asked, as we both sat down on his bed that was quite high cause of his tall bed stand. Looking at his flat screen TV that was resting on its television stand, I could tell he was watching a movie.

"I'm not smelling any cigarette," I said to him.

"Oh," Baby waved his hand. "Imagine, JK knew I was smocking and gave me the scolding of my life. So I thought about my health and thought it wise to stop."

"Thank God for Jackson in your life o, cause e be like say na only him you dey hear now." To be honest, I wish I was joking cause I wasn't. The same way Baby was always preaching to Christy to stop sleeping around, was the exact same way Christy and I usually lecture him that all smoke was smoke and shouldn't be used for enjoyment. "Speaking of Christy, where is she."

"Do I know? She told me she was going to do her hair. Since morning o." Baby did some snapping with his index finger and thumb to demonstrate his claim.

"I want to show you something," I wriggled my brows at Baby, then shoved my hand into my pocket and brought out my new phone.

"Jesus, Cherry who dash you iPhone?" Exclaimed Baby.

"You're mad," I said inbetween chuckles.

"Henry gave it to me last night. Sorry," I decided to correct myself. "Early this morning."