- 21 -

-  Hope's POV -

__________________________________
"Thank God he knows now I know he will be d one doing the body guard job now."

-ObarotimiOlanireti
__________________________________

It turned out the movie schedule Henry had, was during late hours cause that was when the club and kissing scene would take place. But before that, he had a modelling schedule for a phone brand. Since I was free during the morning, Henry surprised me by giving me permission to go home and see Christy and Baby.

Getting to the gate of the compound, I saw a dark skinned skinny guy, flirting with Mary. I almost burst out laughing when I saw her playing hard to get but chose not to rain on her parade. Nothing I won't see in this life.

I finally got to the room to see Christy sitting on the floor, slicing fresh paper. "Babe!"

Christy looked up, surprised expression laced on her face. "Cherry!" She dropped the knife, rushed to hug me in a way that her hand never made contact with my skin cause of the pepper she was slicing. She never expected to see me.

"Howfa na? Watin you dey cook sef?" I noticed the fresh peppers, fresh tomatoes, two eggs, green beans and onions.

"Indomie," She informed.

"Your money don long na." I relaxed on the bed.

"I tried calling you this morning. Watin do your phone? E dey tell me switch off, switch off since." Christy kept slicing the fresh pepper on the plastic flat plate. "Abi light no dey Henry house?"

"Local woman, how light no go dey Henry house." I bashed, not giving Christy any breathing space. "Don't you know that even if there was no light, Henry would power that his industrial gen?" I sat on the bed, folding my knees in a comfortable position. "I carried my phone enter toilet this morning jare. E enter water no con gree on. I been think say I go carry am go bros Jaleel repair store. Na why I come."

"That phone wey you dey manage," Christy laughed, as her attention fell on the fresh tomatoes.

"Na so we see am," I sighed. Being phoneless at the moment was almost the same as a death sentence. "Howfa, I see person dey toast ancient of days for outside, na so she con dey do like pandemic."

"Who wan toast that one?" Christy laughed so hard that she almost cut her finger. "So boy fit see that one toast?"

"She no get kpekus? Them go surely toast her na." I reached for Christy's laptop as I tried to select movies I could watched to pass time. "Abeg do fast, my belle dey cry."

__________________

I couldn't believe how I lost track of time. I was dead meat. I knew it wasn't Christy's fault, she never knew Henry had a schedule this afternoon. So I felt sorry for yelling at her for not telling me the time sooner.

"At this point, I'll be late." I stopped on my track in the living room, after hearing Henry's voice.

"I'm sorry sir," I tried to say. "I—"

"Why wasn't any of your line going through?!" He demanded, his voice getting strained as he got up from his seat and walked towards me. "What if something bad happened to you?!"

I flinched at his sudden harsh tone, but still tried to explain why I was late. "This morning, my phone fell into the water and immediately stopped working. It's at the repair shop now. I'm sorry sir, I will never be late again. Just... Just don't fire me."