- 14 -

__________________________________
I'm so sorry for the late update. But here's one, so enjoy.

Above is our very own Christy.

Happy new month.
__________________________________

I was given permission to go change. But before I arrived at my street, I moved to a secluded area to takeoff my disguise. Now walking on my street, I was just an ordinary girl with an oversized hoodie and a sweat pants.

Too bad I was anything but ordinary.

My present state didn't stop others from talking since I was that girl that got broadcasted by the Nigerian heartthrob. Asshole.

I got to the compound to see ancient of days talking to mama Anderson. Mama Anderson was a gossip at our compound, a really strong one at that. She was a mother of four and had left her husband. Maybe got divorced or something, I don't know. All in all, she lived in that small room with her four tiny children while bringing several men home with no shame.

Neither ancient of days or mama Anderson said a word when they saw me. But immediately I walked passed them, I started hearing whispers and tiny laughs.

"She don go do her night waka," Ancient of days whispered to mama Anderson.

"Na that other one dey teach her na, watin this smallie know." Mama Anderson had the effrontery to say.

"Birds of a feather-"

"Flocks together!" I turned and glared at both of them. "You no see how the two of una fit? Perfect duo."

My outburst must have gotten to my room as Christy and Baby emerged.

"Cherry," Christy said with a surprised tone. I had texted, telling her I won't be coming home last night while stating my reasons. But I guess she never knew I'd be back this early.

"Instead to dey find means on how to better your life and your children's, you dey here dey gossip about me. You think say you better pass me?!" I couldn't respect someone like mama Anderson, that was for sure.

"Christy, better mind this your friend!"

"E-eh!" Christy waved her hands dangerously close to mama Anderson's face. "When you were opening your mouth waaaah like parrot, you did not know you'd end up getting insulted bah? You think say you dey wash us? We are single with extremely bright future ahead. What about you? Mrs I was married."

All Baby did was laugh. Very annoying, yes. But it was also best for him not to talk inside our matter.

"Abeg Cherry, make we dey go. Na empty vessel dey make noise pass. Nonsense and ingredient!"

Christy matched forward while I followed suit, holding the nylon tightly in my grip. We finally got to the room, me sitting in bed and opening the nylon for both to see the rice, burger, donut and table water.

"So na because of this she throw ice-cream for your body?!" Christy said in a loud voice. I had secretly heated them this morning at Henry's place, so they were still warm. "You see why Henry needs to break up with that girl and date me."

I scrunched my nose at Christy, she was starting to get obsessed with this Henry dude. Baby being the unbothered king he was, started eating the rice. Free breakfast was definitely the sweetest.

"He doesn't look like he likes her sef," I blurted out dividing the burger and donut into three while having the table water all to myself. Since I'd blurted my words out, I decided to continue. "I showed him your picture though."

Christy dropped her spoon right after hearing that, then leaned so close to me. "And what did he say?"

"That I should date you," I shrugged. To Christy, it felt like millions of glasses shattered inside her ear as she leaned back.