- 16 -

- Hope's POV -

__________________________________
Above is our J.K boo boo.

How was your valentine yesterday.... Enjoy ❤
__________________________________

Fucking orange jacket shouldn't be hard so find, so why was it so difficult?! No jacket on the reading table, in bed or any visible area in his room. It wasn't under his bed either and wasn't in his adjoined bathroom. I had the thoughts to go downstairs and tell him I couldn't find his jacket, but that would be proving Yemi's words. I couldn't protect her boyfriend because of my incompetence.

"This is crazy," I almost pulled out my wig out of frustration. Orange was a bright colour, I could have seen it by now.

"Can't find it Cherry?"

"No, I can't!" I cried out in frustration. "It's just a jacket, how hard could it be to find a freaki-" Jesus christ was the only thing that filled my thoughts as realization sets in.

God, let that voice be from my head. I promise to pay tithe in church and increase my twenty naira offerings to fifty and hundred naira. I promise to put something down when it comes to pastor seeds. I'll even partake in building funds too. Just.... Mbok, let that voice be from my head.

My prayers turned into deaf ears as my village people decided to display their talents again. Jackson stood fixed at the door post, hands folded across his chest with a smug look on his face.

"C-c-cherry?" I laughed it out in a deep voice. "I don't know this Cherry you speak of."

"Wow, you've got a connection with Baby and Christy who's obviously connected to Cherry and you don't know Cherry?" The tone of his voice showed he wasn't buying any of it. "You know I did hear your voice in the car and saw you the other day in the single bathroom across the hall."

"S-"

"I just completed the math and you still chose to lie to my face. Safe the stress defending yourself, Cherry." Jackson turned to leave to my dismay. My eyes widened as I rushed to stop him.

"Sir, sir please I'm sorry. I really really really need this job." I pleaded while trying to stop him but Jackson wouldn't listen. He reached for the stairs and began to climb down. "If you let Henry in on who I am, he'll sue me and I won't ever show my face again to the world. He hates me and I need this money."

Still no words from Jackson as we got to the door leading out of the living room.

"Jackson, abeg." I whispered before stepping out of the entrance with him.

"Henry is smart." Jackson stopped so sudden, I almost ran into him. He turned to look me in the eye. "He might not figure it out now, but I'm certain he's sensing something off from you. He'll catch on eventually."

"I know, but please." Jackson ignored me and moved over to Henry. I stood behind, shaking like I just got pulled out from a freezer.

"Where's the jacket?" Was the first thing Henry asked. His eyes moved from mine to Jackson's. "I knew you were lying."

Jackson snickered. "I wanted to play a little trick on your bodyguard and it worked." I closed my eyes to pray in silence. There was no way my village people were bigger than God. "Well I'm off to read in your library. Have fun with your bodyguard."

My eyes promptly opened as I stared at Jackson. He looked back at me and smirked a little.

"You just made me late," Henry snapped at Jackson.

"Like they'll ever start without you," He responded, spun around and laughed to himself while moving into the house.

"Dick head," I heard Henry curse for the first time. It would have been amusing, if it wasn't for the fact that my heart was beating hundred times harder and faster.