- 38 -

- Henry's POV -

__________________________________

Y'all are the best for being so patient. Welcome to August!
__________________________________

Everyone was seated in my living room and by everyone I meant; Olamide, Dorcas, Baby, Jackson, and I. Dorcas' boyfriend was also with us, as he discussed the progress of the investigation. It turned out that there was no lead whatsoever, which made me so restless. What if something had happened to Hope? I just wasn't ready for that conversation.

"We'd talk to Yemi again," Dorcas' boyfriend now known as John, said after the uncomfortable silence.

"Didn't you say no evidence was found on her?" I asked immediately.

John led out a deep sigh after nodding. "Yeah, but we'll try again. We might see something this time."

I wanted to believe his words but my faith was running low. I stood and moved to the minibar room, to help myself with a drink. I knew the amount of wine placed in the glass was too much but I wanted to drown in something. If alcohol could help me forget my current situation, then so be it. I brought the glass to my lips but stopped when the security man burst through the door.

"Sir!" Osagie yelled for me. I placed the untouched glass on the counter and moved back to the living room. "Sir, y-y-your—"

But before he could even speak, gasps filled the room. Hope was there, right in front of my eyes. It wasn't a figment t of my imagination, no! Hope was there. She looked weak but alive. Hope was alive!

I rushed over to her side and so did everyone. We directed her to one of the couches while Jackson fetched a glass of water. I sat beside Hope, still couldn't believe she was here as I wrapped my arms around her securely.

"Where have you been?" Hope sniffed but no tears were seen. "We've been searching everywhere for you, even the police had no lead."

"I was kidnapped," Hope chuckled at my question. Did she think this was a joke? Did she think my frantic worries were about plays? Why was she chuckling at a time like this? For some reason, I felt guilty. I just couldn't protect her enough. This kidnap must have been because of me. Knowing she was the one I like, most jealous fans would want to treat her badly or—

"Kidnap!" Baby pulled me out of my thoughts. I watched as he moved to where Hope and I were seated. "Who would Kidnap you?"

"I think the commissioner should do the questioning," Jackson walked back in with a glass of water. He gave it to me to feed Hope while he dragged Baby back to his seat. I let Hope drink the water slowly so she won't choke.

"You must be hungry," I whispered and Hope nodded.

"I'll prepare something for her," Olamide stood up, then moved to the kitchen to find something for Hope to eat.

"Can I ask you a few questions, Miss Hope?" John asked and Hope nodded softly. "These kidnappers, did you by any chance see their faces?" Hope nodded. "Okay, can you describe them?" Hope shook her head again. John nodded at that, "You've forgotten what they look like?"

Hope sighed, "No, I just don't want to reveal them to you?"

"Why?" I shifted in my seat. This was ridiculous. "Did they threaten you?"

"No," Hope shook her head again while staring at everyone in the room. "One of them was my coursemate in the uni. I don't want to put him in trouble."

Dorcas scuffed at that, not believing her ears. "You got kidnapped by a friend and you're saving their ass? Are you for real?"