- 24 -

- Third Person POV -

__________________________________
"Baby room is fancy.. Why does he like hanging in Cherry room that look like shit."

-NaijaBae

__________________________________

Cherry had just left Baby's room but Baby hadn't used that opportunity to go back to his client. He felt relentless after Cherry's word. It was either Henry was gay or he knew about Cherry's secret. Henry just couldn't wakeup one morning and try to kiss Hope, if he wasn't catching feelings for another guy or if he wasn't catching feelings for Hope, herself.

Baby stared at his phone then the laptop set before him, which had the Australian resident waiting for his response to a false relationship request. He closed his eyes not believing he was risking a four hundred thousand naira cash out for Cherry. Cherry owed him one to many. He scrolled down his contact list to the number he had in mind. The number with the initial J.K.

He dialed the number, dumping his laptop and client in the process. J.K picked up almost immediately. "Baby, a pleasant surprise. I was about calling you."

"I just want to ask one question, boss." Baby growled, trying not to feel a bit annoyed.

"Come over, I've got certain things to discuss with you." J.K said instead.

Baby sighed, shaking his head. "This won't take time, boss. I can say it over the ph—"

"Mine would," There was a little ruffle at the other end. It wasn't like Baby didn't want to go, but four hundred thousand naira was at stake here. Was Cherry and J.K worth his cash out?

"I'm busy, I have a client." Baby leaned to his laptop to reply a message from his client. "So fucking listen—" Baby cut himself after he had said a curse word to J.K. "Please."

J.K on the other hand didn't think too much but instead chuckled at the slur word. "Hope didn't inform me that you were a business man so what client are you talking about? Unless...."

"Yes I do fraud, so you can judge I don't care but this is about my friend so fucking listen." Baby was done calling him boss and giving him the honorific. He wasn't gonna help him blow yet decide to judge him.

"Calm down, Baby." J.K snorted, taking aback by Baby's tone. "Why are you so mad?"

"Boss, I dey busy like this so." He just said that as a response.

"If you want to speak to me, lock up that attitude of yours and come over at Henry's place." J.K's voice was stern and cold and Baby knew the guy was annoyed. Maybe he could have called when he was done with his client. Look at what Cherry had caused him.

"Yes, boss." Baby said dryly and the line ended at that. He stared at his laptop screen for close to thirty seconds. He angrily reached for his wallet and bike's key and hoped not to regret his decision.

_________________

Thanks to Baby's powerbike, it didn't take long for him to get to Henry's house. He parked his bike securely outside the gate and gave the gate a small knock. Since he had been here once, the gate man didn't ask him much question and allowed him inside. He stepped into the compound and digest how huge the house was, visualizing his to be just like this when he's fully loaded with enough cash.