- 36 -

- Hope's POV -
__________________________________
So it's officially my birthday and I forgot about the short giveaway chapter 😂😂😂😂 but here's one.

There's someone also having a birthday today... My birthday mate so help wish her too. KhimoraCarter
__________________________________

My eyes fluttered open as the bright light blinded me only for a few seconds before my eyes became accustomed to it. The side of my head kept thumbing and I wanted so hard to touch it but both my hands were bounded by a thick black rope that was connected to my ankles. I looked around to take note of where I was. It happened to be an uncompleted building.

"She don wake!" The guy with the agbero voice cried out. "Samuel, go holler Wilson."

Samuel was the guy I had kicked in the groin as an act of self-defense. He got up glaring at me and jumped through the uncompleted building window, before disappearing in sight.

I stared at the guy with the agbero voice and all he did was bang his head to some music he was listening to through his earphone.

"What do you want?" I growled, looking at the man in front of me. He pulled down his earphone and gave me a skeptical look. I wanted to get out of here. No, I needed to get out of here.

"Shey you dey whine me ni?" The man took offense immediately.

"I just want to—"

"Mrs. English, shut up there!" He fired, making me glare at him. "You dey mock me ni? Abi you think to say me no go school kini?"

I had that belief that when going to the market, the buyer doesn't need to speak English to the vegetable seller, meat seller, or any seller. You try to fit in to not let them feel inferior and to have a good relationship so they'd sell a good market for you.

Right now, this felt like a market and the man in front of me felt like a seller. I wanted to buy my freedom from him.

"No be so," His eyes showed a bit and I knew I'd gotten his attention. "I dey just like you. I no get class, no get future — Okay maybe I get now and you do too. This one no be life, my guy. You still get a chance to change and I promise, I go help you out."

The guy moved over and squat beside me. He looked me straight in the eye and I hoped he was considering my offer. "You think say we lucky like you? Say celebrity go see us like us?"

"No be so," I tried harder. I opened my mouth to explain further but someone came around the corner with the man called Samuel. Once my eyes met this addition, I felt like air got knocked out of my lungs. I knew I had a face for that name, but I believed it was my tired brain talking.

"Wilson?" I asked in disbelief. The Wilson? My Wilson? I just couldn't believe it and so did he.

Wilson moved towards me with shock in his eyes. He bent in front of me making the other guy get up. His fingers lifted my chin as he accessed my face. "Cherry?"

Wilson was my coursemate back in school. Not just my course mate and reading partner but also my crush and the first boy I'd given my body to. Seeing him this way, in this place, surprised the hell out of me. Wilson was everything. He was super intelligent, way, way, way more intelligent than I was. But then, he dropped out of school. He just stopped schooling and disappeared. No one heard from him again, not even me.

"What are you doing here?" The question left my mouth before I could stop it. There was a possibility that the Wilson I knew in the past was long gone. This Wilson might send me to my early grave with just one wrong move.

Wilson's eyes were still on mine. I saw anger flash through them as he got up and launched at Samuel, grabbing his collar tightly around his neck like he was about to choke him with it.

"Hope is Cherry?!" He asked with so much venom. "Cherry?!"

"Boss, we know not this Cherry you—" A hard punch landed on his left cheek, sending him flying to the dirty ground.

"That's for hitting her head against the window!" I was confused. What was Wilson doing here? After five years this was his way of reuniting? As my kidnapper?

"Wilson," Wilson became rigid but didn't turn to look at me. "Wilson, what's going on?"

I saw Wilson dip his head low, but that was it. I wanted him to face me. The feelings were no longer there cause they had been replaced with Henry's but, Wilson was someone I once cared for. I forgot the pain I was feeling at the moment, the situation I was in. All I wanted was for Wilson to talk to me.

Wilson turned to me but his eyes weren't meeting mine. I could see the tic on his jaw as he clenched it in pour rage.

"Audu!" Wilson's voice thundered. The guy with the agbero voice looked up at Wilson, waiting for instructions. "Go tell Edosa not to touch that money."

Audu looked at Samuel, not moving at first. It looked like he couldn't believe Wilson's words.

"Do you still want your neck attached to your body?!" Wilson yelled louder in anger. Audu flinched before running to go meet Edosa.

Wilson and I finally made eye contact and I pleaded with my eyes for him to please talk to me, but he didn't. Instead, he reached for his phone and went out to go make some calls.

I was now left with Samuel. He was doing me what he always did ever since I hit him at the place the sun doesn't shine, glared at me.

I closed my eyes as the headache started to sip in. Henry flooded my vision and I couldn't help but wondered how worried he probably was right now.

__________________________________

What do you think would happen now? It turns out Hope knows Wilson. Do you think he'd help her or go on with his sponsor?

Thanks for not giving up on STRAPPED with the lack of updates. I won't promise steady updates until August. But if I see I have free days, I'll try to.

Love y'all.

Vote 🌟

Comment 💭💬

Share 👫

__________________________________

Word count: 1097

X
-Eddy