0 8

YEAR TWO, CHAPTER EIGHT

BIG BROTHER
__________________________________

Francesca stared down at the pile of homework she had to complete over the weekend with dread. The weekend was supposed to be peaceful and fun, not stressful and full of school work.

"This is ridiculous!" Pansy groaned, scanning her homework as well. "How do our Professors expect us to complete all of this over two days?" She asked.

"They think we're machines, clearly," Daphne sighed. "I'm not doing it. I don't care if I get detention, I refuse to put ink to paper this weekend," Daphne shrugged.

It wasn't shocking, Daphne never did her homework. She just simply didn't care enough.

Francesca wanted to cry, she needed to get good marks. She had to live up to Cedric and make her father proud. So, she grabbed her book bag and filled it with all of her homework and began leaving the room.

"Where are you going?" Pansy asked.

"I'm going to find Ced, see if he'll help me with this junk. I'll give you guys the answers if he does," Francesca said before leaving the room.

She hurried down the stairs and dashed through the Common Room ignoring the calls of Blaise and Theodore. Francesca left the green coloured room and ran straight into Draco's chest.

"Merlin! Sorry Malfoy," Francesca said, picking up her discarded book bag.

"It's fine. Where are you off too?" Draco asked, watching as she stuffed all her homework into her bag.

"To find my brother. Hoping he'll give me a hand with this homework," Francesca said, pushing past the blond boy and continuing on her way.

"Have fun!" Draco yelled behind her before disappearing into the Common Room.

Francesca found her elder brother in the Great Hall, still finishing his dinner with his friends. She made her way towards him, tapping him on the shoulder. His friends went quiet and all eyes landed on Cedric's little sister.

"Francesca... what's the matter?" Cedric began to whisper.

"I need help with this homework," Francesca sighed, opening the bag for her brother to see. "It's all due Monday," she said.

Cedric groaned, looking at the mass amount of papers before glancing back up at his sister who had desperation in her eyes.

"Fine. Meet me at the library  tomorrow after breakfast and i'll help you with all of it. It should be easy anyway," Cedric said.

Francesca smiled, hugging her older brother. "Thanks Ced!" She exclaimed before skipping off back to her Common Room.