1 6

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE TRI-WIZARD TOURNAMENT
__________________________________

Francesca had safely made it to Hogwarts and was sitting in the Great Hall as Dumbledore made an announcement,

"Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard Tournament," Dumbledore said. Francesca had heard of the Tri-Wizard Tournament before and she was excited for what it entailed. Dumbledore continued to speak about the tournament.

"Trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime," Dumbledore said and with that a group of girls wearing blue danced up the aisle and released butterflies into the air.

The girls dressed in blue bowed and everyone cheered and applauded them.

"Wipe the drool from your chin Nott," Francesca heard Draco say, she glanced over at her boyfriend who was very much enchanted by the girls. She glared at him turning away.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff," Dumbledore said.

A group of older boys walked up the aisle holding staffs, twirling them around and slamming them into the ground, a spark emitting from them.

"Is that Viktor Krum?" Daphne asked.

Millicent gasped. "It is! Wow, he's really going to be staying at Hogwarts?" Millicent smiled excitedly.

After Dumbledore continued to explain how dangerous the Tri-Wizard Tournament was and how no one under the age over 17 could enter and a dramatic entrance from Mad Eye Moony dinner finally began.

"I can't believe you were looking at those girls Theodore!" Francesca complained to her boyfriend.

"Oh, don't act like you weren't drooling over Viktor Krum," Theodore said, rolling his eyes.

"As a matter of fact I wasn't. I don't even find him attractive in the slightest," Francesca said. "I only have eyes for you," she sighed.

"Me too, Fran," Theodore said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and kissing her gently. Tracey made a gagging noise, earning herself a glare from Francesca.

"Not at the dinner table, please," Blaise said.

"Shove off Blaise!" Theodore yelled.

Draco stared at Francesca, some would say in awe, she had really changed over the past Summer. She was beautiful.

Theodore caught his staring and smirked. "Hot isn't she?" Theodore chuckled. Draco glared at the boy. "Too bad I got her first mate," Theodore said.

Draco rolled his eyes, she was a person, not a prized possession.