1 8

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

HARRY POTTER AND THE TRI-WIZARD TOURNAMENT SCANDAL
__________________________________

Francesca, Pansy, Tracey, Daphne and Millicent were sitting in the Goblet Room, seeing who was placing their name into the cup and cheering on any Slytherin students.

Francesca watched as a group of people pushed Cedric into the circle.

"I didn't expect Ced to put his name in the goblet," Francesca said.

"Merlin Fran, your brother is rather attractive, when did he get so cute?" Pansy asked. Francesca glared at her and she chuckled.

Cedric dropped his name into the goblet and everyone cheered, including the Slytherin girls.

"Don't even think about it Pansy. He's my brother, bedsides, I think he fancies Cho Chang. He wouldn't stop raving on and on about her all Summer," Francesca said.

"That's a shame. I'm much more fun than Cho Chang," Pansy sighed, staring dreamily at Cedric.

-

A few nights later and it was time to announce who the champions of the Tri-Wizard Tournament would be.

A name flew out of goblet and landed in Dumbledore's hand. "The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore said.

The Durmstrang students cheered as another name came flying out of the goblet.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour," Dumbledore said.

Fleur Delacour walked up and stood next to Viktor Krum as her fellow peers cheered for her. Theodore whistled at the sight of her and Francesca scoffed.

"Have some respect Theodore!" Pansy said, slapping the boy on the shoulder.

Finally, the last name flew out. The name that Francesca and her friends had been waiting for.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory," Dumbledore called.

Francesca cheered louder than she ever had jumping up and down and clapping as her big brother walked to the front of the room.

"Cedric!" Pansy yelled, waving in his direction. "I'm planning a June wedding," she smiled. Francesca chuckled, shaking her head at her friend.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions but in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore said.

People began to cheer and the goblet started to glow red once again and another name came flying out. Dumbledore grabbed the small piece of paper.

"Harry Potter." He said. Whispered erupted within the room. "Harry Potter?" Dumbledore repeated.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled.

Harry slowly walked to the front of the room and voices in the crowd began to shout. Francesca's friends included.

"How did he get past the age line? I watched the Weasley twins get thrown out by that thing," Francesca said, glaring at Harry Potter.