5 9

YEAR SEVEN, CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION
__________________________________

Weeks turned into months and then back into days. The days at Hogwarts dragged on and with every passing hour the castle that once was full of happiness became more and more like torture. Literally.

Francesca was used to the sound of her peers crying and screaming in pain, which wasn't something that she should be used to.

The Slytherin's had it easy, the Carrow's went easy on them. Hardly any Slytherin's were ever in trouble, except for a select few.

The only thing keeping Francesca sane was her antidepressants and Pansy's stash of alcohol and weed.

She had thought about writing to her father and finding a way to go home, but decided against it. All of her friends were here suffering and she couldn't bare to leave them, but she knew one thing was for sure, she was going home for Christmas.

Francesca sat in the back of the class, staring blankly at the front of the room. High out of her mind and completely numb. She listened as one of the Gryffindor got yelled at over and over until he was sent out of the room.

The class was dismissed and Francesca was quick to leave the room, avoiding eye contact with the Death Eaters in the corridors as she made her way back to the Slytherin Common Room.

An arm grabbed her wrist tightly and before she could even react she was dragged into an empty classroom, a hand clasped over her mouth as the door was slammed shut and locked.

Francesca looked up and saw a Death Eater holding her tight, she closed her eyes tightly, wondering what she had done to piss one of them off.

The Death Eater let go of her and took a step back. Francesca's eyes remained closed, waiting for impact.

"Fran," his familiar voice rang through her ears and her screwed up face softened as she opened her eyes.

Francesca stared up at the blond boy, eyes wide as her frown became a smile.

"Draco," she sighed in relief, hugging him tightly. "Why are you here?" She asked, letting go of him.

"Spying... I've been here for almost two weeks now, I just haven't had the chance to approach you," Draco said.

Francesca smiled. "So i'll be able to see you more often?" She asked.

"If thats what you would like then yes," Draco said. Francesca nodding, stepping on her tip toes and kissing him gently. "I've been watching you," Draco said, holding her cheeks.

"Creepy much," Francesca chuckled, trying to kiss him again but he stopped her. She furrowed her eyebrows. "What's the matter?" She asked.

"I don't like the things Pansy has convinced you to do," Draco said. "It's not like you Fran."

Francesca scoffed. "You don't know what's not like me," Francesca said. "It's the only way I can cope around here. Don't you see what goes on... what you have to participate in? It really affects you seeing people being tortured every day," Francesca said.

"I know, Francesca. The Dark Lord lives with me, remember?" Draco sighed, holding her hands. "Everything in moderation Fran," Draco said.

Francesca nodded. "I'm guessing you want to keep this a secret. Nobody can know that you're here?" Francesca said.

Draco nodded. "For now, i'll tell them on my own terms. Only the ones I know I can trust," Draco said. "You should go, stay in the Common Room as much as you can."

Francesca nodded, hugging him once more before leaving the classroom and heading to the Common Room for the night.