4 4

YEAR SIX, CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR

DARKNESS
__________________________________

It was a few days later, Francesca had been trying to pry information out of Draco about what was going on with him, but he wouldn't budge. Draco would simply change the subject or an argument would rise.

Francesca felt hopeless, she wanted to help her boyfriend who was clearly suffering. She was lost, she had no clue what to do.

On the other hand she was dealing with her own issues. Francesca's mother was getting worse and worse as the days went by and the doctors had told Amos to count the months, she would most likely be gone by the end of the year.

Francesca didn't want to tell Draco, she didn't want to dump her problems on him when he clearly had problems of his own.

Draco laid awake, staring at the ceiling. His girlfriend snoring softly next to him, cuddled up beside him, her head resting against his shoulder.

Draco wanted to tell Francesca the truth, but it was too risky. He was afraid she would run from him, not to mention if word got around about what he was doing he would most likely be killed. Along with his mother and father.

Francesca opened her eyes slowly, Draco's rapid and loud heartbeat banging against her ear drums. She glanced up at him, watching as he stared blankly at the ceiling for his dorm.

"Are you alright?" She whispered, placing a gentle hand against his pale cheek.

"Fine, just can't sleep," Draco said, closing his eyes to avoid the same conversation they had almost everyday.

"I love you," Francesca said.

"I love you too," Draco responded. "Go back to sleep, love."

Francesca sighed, closing her eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep once again. A peaceful sleep, where she could finally ignore all of the problems that surrounded her. All of the darkness clouding her life.

The darkness that wouldn't stop growing and growing, getting bigger and fuller. Eventually, it was going to blow, pour down on her for days and days. It was inevitable.