5 0

YEAR SIX, CHAPTER FIFTY

PANSY KEEPING IT REAL PT 2
__________________________________

It was Saturday morning, the sun was shining, breeze blowing gently as dark clouds began to roll in from far away.

Pansy was in the common room, waiting for Draco to appear from his dorm. Which he did in no time. Draco walked down the stairs, his same gloomy mood upon him.

"Can we talk?" Pansy asked.

Draco stared at her with an unreadable expression. "If we must," he said. Pansy nodded, walking to a more private corner of the cold Slytherin Common Room.

"You know i'll do anything to protect Francesca, she's my best friend," Pansy said. "Which is why I need to know if she knows the truth."

"She does," Draco nodded. "We broke up over it, but we worked it out. I fought for her."

Pansy sighed. "Merlin, Draco... You should have let her go!" Pansy exclaimed.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?" He asked.

"You're working for the man who killed her big brother... Imagine the guilt she must be feeling everyday when she wakes up," Pansy said, shaking her head at Draco.

"I never thought about that..."

"Of course you didn't, you're selfish Draco," Pansy said, crossing her arms. "If you really cared for her you would let her go, she may love you and it may hurt the both of you but it would be for the best. To keep her safe," Pansy said.

"I only want what's best for Francesca... and for you, if you mess up your little book club members could use Francesca to get to you," Pansy said. "Or use her as blackmail to get you to do something."

"Not even my own parents know about Francesca," Draco said, glaring down at Pansy.

Pansy shook her head. "People talk, they will figure it out eventually," Pansy said, pinching the bridge of her nose.  "I can't tell you what to do but I can make suggestions, it's up to you at the end of the day."

"Everything will change today," Draco said.

"What do you mean?" Pansy asked.

Draco shook his head and quickly turned away from her, stalking out of the Common Room and disappearing for a few hours.

-

Francesca was waiting for Draco in his dorm when he returned.

"What have you been up too?" Francesca asked with a smile, happy to see him.

"Just checking the cabinet," he shrugged, hugging her tightly. He spent all day thinking about what Pansy had said. Draco didn't want to let her go but he didn't want to be the reason she got hurt.

"You should stay in your dorm tonight," Draco said, holding her hands. "I mean it, don't leave your dorm for any reason," Draco said, his lip quivering.

Francesca held her breath she knew what was coming. "It's happening tonight?" She asked. Draco nodded, sadly.

"I have to do this... or he will kill me," Draco muttered, eyes filling with tears.

"I know Draco," Francesca said, holding his face.

"You should know that once they leave i'll be leaving with them, I won't be coming back," Draco said. Francesca sighed sadly.

"I assumed so, Draco," Francesca said. "You couldn't come back after you murdered your headmaster."

Draco looked down at his feet. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Francesca said.

"No, i'm sorry for begging for you back. I shouldn't have done that," Draco sighed. Francesca furrowed her eyebrows. "I care about you so much Fran, I'm being selfish."

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"I have to let you go. He killed your brother, what kind of person am I to make you stay?" Draco said, tears rolling down his cheeks. "Besides, after tonight I have no clue when we will see each other next. This is for the best, for your safety. So you don't have to feel the guilt anymore," Draco said, holding her hands.

Francesca felt a tear roll down her cheeks. "Draco..." She whispered. "I wanted to be with you. I still do."

"No." Draco shook his head. "It's not right. I love you Fran, this is for your own good," Draco said.

Francesca looked down at her feet, nodding sadly. "I love you too," she said, hugging him tightly.

"One last kiss," Draco said, placing his fingers under her chin and turning her head up towards him. Draco placed a passionate and loving kiss against her soft lips. He didn't want to pull away but he had too. He had a job to finish.

"Be safe, Draco."

"You too."

With that Draco left his dorm room and the love of his life sobbing her heart out on his bed.