6 4

YEAR SEVEN, CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR

DON'T STOP LOOKING IN MY EYES
__________________________________

It was violent and horrible. People were dying right in front of her eyes and all Francesca could do was try her best to protect her peers. She didn't think about this part of the war.

Francesca ran inside the castle, hoping to get out of the line of fire but things were just as bad. Thankfully her Slytherin robes kept her out of trouble as Death Eaters automatically assumed she was on their side.

Inside Francesca ran into Draco, who looked worried sick once he saw her dirt covered face.

"Francesca!" He exclaimed rushing over to her and wrapping her into his arms. "Are you hurt?! What are you doing out here!" Draco yelled.

"I wanted to fight Draco," Francesca said, hugging him back. He pulled away looking into her eyes and pressing a firm kiss against her chapped lips.

"Please, go find somewhere safe to hide. I beg you," Draco said. Francesca glanced around her, watching as witches and wizards fought in front of her eyes and nodded in defeat. "Thank you. I love you," Draco said, kissing her forehead.

Francesca noticed a young Gryffindor battling a much older Death Eater and grew furious. "Before I go I have to help that young boy," Francesca said, pushing past Draco, her wand firmly in her hand.

"Stupefy!" She yelled. The Death Eater flew backwards and the young Gryffindor ran for his life. Francesca glanced back at Draco and she watched as his eyes filled with horror and before she could figure out what was going on the roof above her crumbled and she fell to the floor stuck under mass amount of concrete.

Her ears rang and her vision blurred. She fell into a state of shock and panic and began to scream for help.

The more she screamed the more she lost hope.

It felt like she was trapped under the concrete forever, when in reality it was only a few minutes.

Thanks to Draco and a few others Francesca was freed, but the pain didn't go away. In fact it only got worse.

Francesca laid limp on the ground, staring up at Draco with panicked in her eyes. He was just as panicked as she was.

"I'll get you help," Draco said, gently swooping her up and running towards the Hospital wing. Francesca winced in pain with every step Draco took.

Francesca looked around at the Hospital wing, filled to the max with injured people. Draco laid her down and she watched as he spoke to Madame Pomfrey, unable to make out any of their words.

Madame Pomfrey sat next to Francesca, inspecting her.

"Broken arm, both her legs are broken" Madame Pomfrey said. "Her back is broken," she said, looking up at Draco.

Draco sighed, holding his head in his hands.

"She's losing a lot of blood... it looks like when the incident happened her kidney was punctured," Madame Pomfrey sighed grabbing a clean cloth from her pocket. "I need you to keep pressure on this wound. Something has cut straight through her back and into her kidney. Taking all that concrete off of her was actually more fatal than leaving her trapped," Madame Pomfrey said.