1 0

YEAR THREE, CHAPTER TEN

BROKEN HEARTED GIRL
__________________________________

Third year began and Francesca found herself sitting in a compartment with just the girls. Pansy was balling her eyes out over Draco.

Draco had broken up with her merely an hour ago after ignoring her all summer. Pansy felt used.

"I feel so stupid! I should have known when he said he wanted a girlfriend that I was just being used," Pansy sobbed. Francesca hugged the girl.

"He's a jerk Pansy, he'll get his karma," Tracey said, placing a comforting hand on her knee.

Francesca was hoping that this soon blowed over, she didn't want to choose sides. She liked Draco as much as she liked Pansy but if it came down to it she would always choose Pansy.

Seeing her best friend this upset really hurt Francesca.

"I'll be back," Francesca said, standing up from her seat. Millicent scooted closer to Pansy, replacing Francesca's comforting embrace.

Francesca stalked her way down the halls of the Hogwarts Express, finding the compartment Draco was seated in and throwing the door open without warning.

"Francesca!" Theodore cheered, standing up with wide arms, ready for a hug. "Talk about puberty finally hitting, huh?" He chuckled, looking her up and down.

Francesca screwed up her face, pushing past the boy and standing in front of Draco.

"You are a jerk, Malfoy!" Francesca yelled, glaring down at him.

Draco sighed. "I know, I'm fully aware that I hurt Pansy's feelings but I really just wasn't into her anymore," Draco said, standing up and grabbed Francesca's arm, dragging her out of the compartment and shutting the door for more privacy.

"You used her!" Francesca said.

"I did not, I would be using her if I stayed with her even though I lost feelings," Draco said.

"Well she's under the impression that you never had feelings for her," Francesca said, her face softening.

"I don't know... I think I did? But whatever I felt for her it's gone now, I just want to be friends and I explained that to her," Draco sighed.

"I'll take your word for it Malfoy," Francesca said, pulling the blond boy into a hug. "I missed you," she said.

"Missed you too," Draco mumbled, slowly wrapping his arms around his friend. "You should get back to Pansy," he said, letting go of her.

Francesca nodded and headed back to her compartment. Francesca explained everything to Pansy and the raven haired girl felt more at ease about the situation. It didn't hurt as much as it did a few minutes ago.