4 6

YEAR SIX, CHAPTER FOURTY SIX

FRANCESCAS WORST NIGHTMARE
__________________________________

Christmas had came and gone. Draco stayed at Hogwarts which surprised Francesca. He had never done that before.

Ron Weasley had drank poisoned alcohol that Slughorn was planning on giving to Dumbledore. It was a shock to everyone, luckily the ginger boy was okay. Again rumours spread like wildfire. Who was trying to have Dumbledore killed?

Francesca's friends came up with more and more names as the days went by, trying to find potential suspects. Francesca also had interest in this subject and she had her suspicions, she just hoped they weren't true.

She hadn't gone to the Room of Requirement yet either, and she had made this clear to Harry several times. She just wasn't ready yet and although he was getting impatient he understood. Nobody wants to find out that their partner is a horrible person.

Francesca and her friends were in the Great Hall when commotion broke out. Francesca glanced to the entrance where Katie Bell had just walked in. Francesca watched as Harry Potter strode up to her, they began to talk.

Francesca watched as Draco stood up from his seat, worry clear in his eyes as he makes eye contact with both Katie and Harry before turning around and hurrying out of the Great Hall.

Two and two come together. Her suspicions were right. Draco was the one behind all of these attacks against Dumbledore. It was clear in her mind and he had some explaining to do.

Francesca stood up, following both Harry and Draco out of the Great Hall.

"Well, that was dramatic," Tracey said, watching the three teenagers leave the Great Hall. Pansy rolled her eyes.

Francesca followed Harry, who was following her boyfriend all the way to the men's room. She stayed outside for a moment, hesitant to enter a male bathroom, until she heard all the commotion inside.

Francesca drew her wand and ran inside, pointing her wand at Harry who was standing in front of Draco, who was on the floor.

Francesca gasped, looking down at her boyfriend, blood was pouring out of his shirt. Endless wounds slashing his entire body. Her eyes widened.

"Expelliarmus!" She yelled, disarming Harry, catching his wand and throwing it towards the exit. "Get out!" She yelled, tears welling in her eyes as she fell to her knees in front of Draco, unsure of what to do.

"Francesca, I didn't mean-" Harry began.

"I said get out!"

Snape entered the bathroom and Francesca sighed in relief. He glanced at Harry curiously and as Snape began to heal Draco, Harry left the room.

A few minutes later and Draco was fully healed, blood stained white shirt and fully drained of energy. Francesca helped him back to his dorm.

Washing the blood from her hands and changing into her pyjamas, she sat with him. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You know, I thought you were cheating on me," Francesca sniffed.

Draco looked at her. "I would never Fran, I'd be an idiot," he muttered, weakly. Francesca nodded, wiping her eyes.

"I don't think you're cheating anymore," she sighed. "I think it's something worse... why are you trying to kill Dumbledore, Draco?" Francesca asked, looking him dead in the eye.

"And be honest with me, Malfoy," Francesca said. "I don't want to go through what Theodore put me through all over again. I refuse to," Francesca looked down at her hands.

Draco remained silent. He couldn't hide from her for much longer, he had to be honest. Draco knew that he would lose her either way, maybe if he was honest she would possibly stay.

"I should have told you from the start, I just didn't want to lose you," Draco said, slowly sitting up. "I realise that's selfish, but I love you Fran. I can't lose you," Draco said.

"Just tell me, Draco," Francesca said.

"I'll show you," he replied.

Francesca watched as he slowly rolled his sleeve up, turning his arm over and revealing his Dark Mark. Francesca's eyes went wide as she gasped, covering her mouth her hands.

"Y-You're a... you're a Death Eater?" She whispered, tears returning to her eyes again, slipping out faster than she could try to stop them. Draco nodded, sadly. "I... I have to go," she said, standing up quickly, collecting her things.

"Please, Francesca. Don't," he begged, grabbing her wrist.

Francesca held her wand in front of his eyes.
"Let go of me," she said, sternly. Draco pleaded with his eyes, begging her to stay. "You joined the people who killed my brother. In what world would I accept that?" Francesca cried.

"I'll keep your secret Malfoy, but you have to let me go," Francesca said.

Draco sighed, dropping her wrist and Francesca took off. She ran out of his dorm and down the stairs back to her own. Francesca walked past everyone, who were already asleep and hopped into her own bed.

She couldn't sleep, not after what she had just discovered.

Her boyfriend was a Death Eater.