6 3

YEAR SEVEN, CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

LUCKY? DEBATABLE
__________________________________

It was May 1st 1998, Francesca had stayed out of trouble. Kept herself invisible from the Carrow's and made sure she was awake for every lesson.

Things between her and Draco were amazing, considering the circumstance. Not only were things amazing for them but Draco had revealed himself to all of their friends.

Things seemed to be a little bit brighter than they were before and Francesca only had a month until graduation.

"Does anyone else have a pit in their stomach?" Tracey asked everyone as they sat by the fireplace, like they did every night.

"Yes!" Pansy exclaimed. "Like something bad is going to happen. I can't shake the feeling, i've felt it for two days now," Pansy said.

"I've felt dread since we started Hogwarts back in September," Millicent said.

"I feel nothing," Francesca shrugged. "As always."

"Lucky," Blaise said.

"Debatable," She replied.

"Maybe the Carrow's are up to something," Daphne said.

Tracey shook her head. "No, it's bigger than that," she said. Daphne shrugged, leaning her head against Tracey's shoulder.

"Maybe you're all stressed out," Blaise said. "We do graduate in a month and under these circumstances," he said.

Millicent hummed, "maybe that's it."

"No. I'm with Tracey, it's something bigger," Pansy said. Tracey nodded, staring into the fire place.

They sat talking for hours and hours until it hit 1am and all the students were woken up and called to the Great Hall.

"I guess me and Tracey were right, the pit in our stomach's was for a reason," Pansy said as the tight knit group of 8 teenagers walked towards the Great Hall.

All the Houses were standing together in groups as they waited for Professor Snape to tell them why he had called them to the Great Hall.

"Many of you are surly wondering why I have summoned you here at this hour," Snape began, looking at the students. "It has come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade," Snape said.

Whispers broke out in the room. Pansy and Tracey shared a glance. Francesca stared at Snape, listening as he continued to talk.

"Rest assured, as long as I am Headmaster at Hogwarts, Harry Potter will never again step foot in this castle," Snape said. Francesca rolled her eyes as some Slytherin's began to applaud, Crabbe and Goyle included. Snape raised his hand and the students quickly stopped.

"Now then. If anyone here has knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening I invite them to step forward now," Snape said, looking around the room. Nobody made a move.

Footsteps could be heard and Francesca glanced through the crowd to see who was moving.

"I think I can help you out with that," Harry Potter's familiar voice beamed throughout the room and following behind him was Ron, Hermione and a few more familiar faces.

Francesca smiled wide, staring at Harry. It all happened so quickly. Harry was yelling at Snape and soon enough the Hogswarts Professors are pointing their wands at the Headmaster. Snape waves his wand and the room goes dark as gusts of wind blow past the students, rattling the windows before blasting through one.

Professor McGogagall lights the room back up and Snape along with Carrow twins and other Death Eaters are nowhere to be seen. Draco included.

Francesca stood still, waiting for something to happen. All of a sudden a loud shriek is heard throughout the room and Voldemort's voice rings through everyone's ears.

"Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded," Voldemort's voice said.

For a moment it was silent. "Well! What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy yelled, pointing her finger.

"Pansy!" Francesca hissed.

"Sorry Francesca but better him than me," Pansy said. Francesca shook her head.

The Gryffindor's stand in a line, shielding Harry from the Slytherin's. Francesca looks at her friends who don't make a move and purses her lips, turning her back towards the Gryffindor's and joining them in blocking Harry from their view.

"Traitor!" Theodore Nott yelled. Francesca said nothing, just stared at her friends, who stayed in their places.

"Cowards," Francesca said.

"If my mum finds out that i'm fighting for Harry I may as well be dead," Blaise said.

Filch bursts into the hall. "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" He yelled.

"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" McGonagall yelled.

"Oh. Sorry mum," He said and began to walk away.

"Wait!" McGonagall yelled. "Mr. Flich, if you would i'd like you to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House to the dungeons," McGonagall.

Francesca stared at McGonagall in desperation. "I want to help Professor McGonagall," Francesca said.

"All Slytherin's bar Miss Diggory," McGonagall said. Francesca smiled.

"Good luck Fran!" Pansy yelled, waving at her friend. Her other friends followed suit waving her goodbye, completely unaware of what was in store for Francesca.

Everyone begins to run around like crazy, following orders from Harry and taking positions waiting for the war to begin. Harry collected various member from Dumbledore's Army, including Francesca to stay together.

They headed down to a bridge that Seamus Finnegan was going to blow up. Francesca finally felt alive again, she felt useful, she wanted to make Cedric proud. Her mother proud. She wanted to make her father proud. She wanted to be remembered in history as the Slytherin who stood against everyone and fought for what really mattered.