2 2

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

THE YULE BALL
__________________________________

A few weeks after Francesca had been practicing for the Yule Ball she found herself standing in front of a mirror wearing a light purple dress covered in delicate beading details, some were hanging from the waist.

Francesca's hair was tied into a neat bun and her makeup was dramatic, it was a different look for Francesca who usually opted to little to no makeup.

"Wow Fran, your dress looks amazing!" Millicent exclaimed, as she waltz into the room wearing dark green satin dress with pearl jewellery.

"Thanks, Milli, so does yours," Francesca smiled, slipping into her silver heels. "Do you have a date?" Francesca asked the girl.

Millicent smiled happily. "Vincent asked me!" Millicent squealed. "We've been getting very close these past few weeks, I really hope that it's not just me who has feelings," Millicent smiled.

"That's amazing, Milli! I'm so happy for you," Francesca smiled, hugging her friend. Millicent thanked her and sat down to slip her shoes over her feet.

Meanwhile Pansy, Daphne and Tracey all entered the room. All three girls were dressed head to toe in their Yule Ball outfits.

Pansy wore a simple black off-the-shoulder velvet dress, with a slit that showed a decent amount of her left leg.

Daphne was sporting a satin off-the-shoulder champagne coloured gown, that was slit just like Pansy's. Daphne's dress was tight at the waist and the fabric was creating simple yet elegant patterns.

Tracey stayed true to her word as she was seen wearing a navy blue suit. Her jacket was undone to show a simple white top and Daphne had forced her to wear black heels. Her outfit was simple and yet looked so good.

All of the girls looked ravishing and they were all excited for the Yule Ball.

"We need to get a picture!" Pansy said, looking over at Tracey. "Grab that camera you stole from that boy last year and let's take one," Pansy smiled.

Tracey grabbed her camera out of her dresser and set it up, putting a self timer on and quickly running to join the girls. All of them smiled wide and waited for the flash to go off.

They then all huddled around Tracey to get a good look at the picture.

"We look so good!" Daphne said, happily.

"Come on the ball is about to start," Pansy said. "Who's your date Daph?" Pansy asked as they left the room.

"Actually me and Tracey are going together," Daphne smiled, linking arms with Tracey.

"Cute!" Millicent exclaimed, very excited to get to the ball and dance with her date.

"Blaise asked me to go with me, not who I was expecting but I didn't turn him down," Pansy shrugged. "Besides Blaise has gotten rather cute, hasn't he?" Pansy chuckled.

The five girls walked down the steps. Tracey and Daphne's arms were still linked and once they were at the bottom Pansy and Millicent both met up with their dates and were immediately led towards the dance floor.