4 5

YEAR SIX, CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE

POSSESSION
__________________________________

Katie Bell had been possessed, word spread like wildfire and everyone was wondering who had done it. Whoever it was was trying to get to Dumbledore. Suspicions were flying around.

"I think her friend did it, what's her name again?" Tracey asked, clicking her fingers trying to remember.

"Leanne," Pansy answered. Tracey nodded.

"No way, their best friends," Millicent said. Tracey shrugged, stabbing her food with her fork and stuffing her face.

"Gross, chew with your mouth closed," Daphne said, judging her girlfriend. Tracey turned to her chomping loudly with a laugh as Daphne pushed her away.

Francesca stared longingly at the couple in front of her, she missed the days when her and Draco would goof around. Now everything was so serious, he didn't joke around at all.

Katie being possessed wasn't the only interesting thing that had been flying around. Draco had tried sneaking into Professor Slughorn's party and as usual, he wouldn't tell Francesca why.

Francesca had her theories, some of which she hoped were not true. He was cheating on her. It wasn't necessary logical but she couldn't shake it from her mind, maybe he was. He was distant, cold, always disappearing.

Francesca was almost at her wits end with Draco, she didn't want to be with someone who wouldn't be honest with her. She didn't want to waste her time like she did with Theodore. Francesca didn't want to date another Theodore.

-

A few days later Harry Potter approached Francesca. It was odd, they hadn't spoken since last year during Dumbledore's Army. But she wasn't surprised that it was a conversation revolved around her boyfriend.

"You need to be honest with me Francesca," Harry said, seriously. "I know you're on my side. Which is why I trust you," Harry said. Francesca nodded. "Where does Draco keep disappearing too? What is he up too?" Harry asked.

Francesca sighed. "I wish I knew," she shrugged. "He's distant with me. My theory, he's got another girl he's sneaking around with," Francesca said, looking down at her hands.

Harry nodded. "I think it's something more sinister if i'm honest," Harry said, pulling out his Marauders Maps. Francesca furrowed her eyebrows as he placed his wand against the old parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," He said.

Ink began to sprawl across the paper, revealing a map with a bunch of names and footsteps.

"What's this?" Francesca asked, taking a better look as he handed it over to her.

"It's a Marauders Map, it shows where everyone in Hogwarts is located right now," Harry said. "Look," he pointed to Draco's name, walking down the corridors and coming to a stop before disappearing.

"Where did he go?" Francesca asked.

"Room of Requirement," Harry responded, taking the map away. "Mischief Managed," he said with his wand pressed against it and the ink disappeared. "He goes there often," Harry said.

"I bet that's where he meets up with his other girl," Francesca said, angrily.

Harry shook his head. "Like I said, it's something more sinister," Harry said. "Look, you know where he's going and I know you'll go looking for him. All I ask is that if it's something bad, you'll tell me," Harry said.

Francesca gulped, was she willing to promise that? Draco was her boyfriend but Harry's side is the side she would always fight for. She thought about it, about all the possible outcomes. What would happen if Draco found out? What would happen if she found out something valuable and didn't tell Harry? Could she ruin everything for both of them? It was a lot of pressure.

Francesca thought about Cedric, she knew what he would do and so she decided to do the same. In honour of him and for the greater good.

"Of course, Harry. I'll tell you," Francesca said.

Harry thanked her and with that he left her alone to her thoughts. She didn't know if she was ready to discover the truth, so she held off, heading back to her dorm to hang out with her friends before lights out.