6 2

YEAR SEVEN, CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

CANT WE BE SEVENTEEN?
__________________________________

Francesca woke up in the hospital wing, Pansy was asleep in a chair by her bed. She groaned, her head was pounding, everything came rushing back to her. Alecto, the pain and Draco.

Pansy opened her eyes a smile overcoming her face.

"Fran," she whispered. "How are you feeling?" Pansy asked.

"I've been better," Francesca said. Pansy nodded, reaching into her pocket and pulling out Francesca's antidepressants bottle.

"Breakfast is served," Pansy said placing the bottle in Francesca's hand. Francesca chuckled, opening the bottle and popping one into her mouth. "Do they really help?" Pansy asked.

Francesca shrugged. "I suppose," she said.

"What does it feel like?" Pansy asked.

"Like absolute nothing. They make me numb," Francesca said. "But numb is better than feeling the pain I felt without them."

Pansy furrowed her eyebrows. "You're so strong Fran. This world has been nothing but cruel to you."

Francesca smiled, holding onto Pansy's hand and closing her eyes. She fell back into a deep sleep.

-

A few days later Francesca was back on her feet and Draco finally decided to confront her. He was standing by the doorway of the classroom they used to hide away in.

Francesca was walking back to the Common Room on her own when she saw Draco standing by the doorway. She ignored him, putting her head down and hoping that he would just let her walk past.

"Francesca, can we talk?" He said.

Francesca looked up at him, squinting her eyes. "Fine," she said, pushing past him into the classroom.

Draco closed the door behind him, watching as she sat down on a nearby desk, staring at him expectantly.

"I'm sorry," he said, taking his mask off.

Francesca scoffed. "You let her torture me!" Francesca exclaimed.

"Do you know what would of happened to me if I stepped in?" Draco replied. Francesca rolled her eyes. "You can roll your eyes all you want Fran but you know exactly why I didn't step in."

Francesca shook her head. "You could have at least spoke up, instead of standing at the back watching me scream out in pain. I thought you loved me," Francesca said.

Draco groaned. "Don't pull that shit Fran!" Draco snapped. Francesca looked up at him. "I swear sometimes you want to fight with me for the sake of it. This is tough on me too, don't you understand?!" Draco yelled.

"Unlike you I don't have anyone here to support me. You have everyone. Pansy, Milli, Blaise, everyone," Draco said, sitting down.

Francesca stood up, lips pursed as she walked over to him.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything. But if I stepped in I wouldn't be here talking to you right now," Draco said.

Francesca nodded. "I'm sorry," Francesca said. "I know you're trying your best." Francesca sat down next to Draco, running her fingers through his hair.

"I wish we could be normal," Francesca sighed. "Go to the movies, bake a cake, go bowling, do all that stuff that normal couples do... I just want to be 17," Francesca sniffed.

Draco looked up at her sadly. "I wish I could give you more Fran," Draco said. "One day I'll give you the world, but today isn't that day."

Draco placed both hands on each side of her face, pulling her in for a gentle kiss. He stared deeply into her eyes.

"I wanna be with you Draco," Francesca said.

Draco sighed. "I want this to work more than ever Fran, but the timing isn't right."

"When will it be right?" Francesca asked. "This love is too good to lose, I'd give it all up for you Draco. Everything I have."

Draco looked at her with nothing but pure love. "I don't want you to give up anything Francesca," Draco said.

"But I would, for you."

Draco pulled her into another kiss, this time a deep and passionate kiss that lasted for a few minutes. Until both of their clothes were discarded on the floor and skin was on skin. The only noise to be heard was ragged breaths.