Chapter 1: The Engagement Party: Part 1

A/N:

If you're looking for something smutty/ exciting or a story that just goes BOOM! and BAM! and Debbie and Lou are in love, this is not the book for you. So simply exit this story, leave and find something else to read. As this is a misery book. There will be an ending, but can't say if it will we a contented/ cheerful one or a miserable/ depressing one. If it is a happy and contented one, there'll still be misery included and more hurdles.

 If you don't like reading about Debbie's heart aching in pain as she watches Lou with some other girl, which'll result in more heartbreaks, exit the damn book. 

If you are to read this, good luck. But if you are not reading any further, have a nice day/ afternoon/ night and find the right book that'll make you happy :)

Debbie POV:

"Debbie, hurry up! We're gonna be late." Tammy yelled for the 17th time.

I mean, just because it's her engagement party, doesn't mean we have to be there 3 hours early. I swear to god.

"DEBORAH OCEAN! I'M GONNA DRAG YOU OUT IF I HAVE TO! I HAVE A FRIEND WAITING IN THE LIMO. SHE'S PROBABLY GONNA LEAVE SOON IF YOU DON'T BRING YOUR AS$ DOWN HERE!" Tammy stomped up the stairs and kicked the door open. Her jaw dropped to the floor when she saw me laying down on the bed. I haven't changed, haven't showered, haven't- nothing. I was in my dark blue satin pajamas and my bunny slippers. My hair was a bird's nest and my face was just dead. 

Truth is, I don't want to attend her engagement party

Truth is, I don't want to attend her engagement party. I mean, they can come back later and celebrate later with me. Just the 3 of us.

"Woah, lookin 'hot mama!" I tried to divert the topic and make Tammy less mad, but it only made her awfully silent. She stared at me, with her eyes wide open as if I was dead. And I was... Mentally. But she actually looked pretty. She wore a white floral dress which looked really cute.

 She wore a white floral dress which looked really cute

"Look, Tams, I don't want to go-"

Tammy stared at me like an angry lion ready to devour me, "Deborah Ocean, get you as$ up and change, right now." She spoke sternly, yet in a soft and scary tone. Which always scared me.

"Can't you and Tom just come and celebrate here later with me? Just the 3 of us?" I replied.

"No, Debs, you need to socialize with others. And you need to find someone."

"No, I don't need anyone."

It's the truth. I don't need anyone. I don't believe people need to find their "other half" to be happy. I'm happy with my own company and it'll forever remain as my own company. You can't expect others to just suddenly walk into your life and POW! You've completely changed. Nah. I'm fine with myself and by myself. 

"Alright then, I'll just drag you." Tammy grinned and gripped my feet together and dragged me to the end of the bed. I clasped my hands on the edge of the bed, to prevent me from falling. But she pulled me harder...

THUMP!

I face planted on the floor. She then gripped my feet harder and dragged me out of my room. I laid on my back, silently and calmly facing upwards. Until we reached the stairs. I thought she was going to let me go, but noooooo.

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!

THUMP!'

Then down the other 5 stairs. Why does she have to live in a house with a lot of stairs?

"OWW! TAMERA, MY WHOLE BODY IS BRUISED NOW! AND I'M IN PAJAMAS!"

"Your fault." She replied, gripping on my legs tighter, then continued to drag me to the front door.

I winced in pain, but I was used to it. Tammy and I have been friends throughout high school, college and even co-workers. We're both lawyers now. And whenever Tammy wanted to go to a party or anything and I wasn't bothered, she would drag me out of the bed like hell. It eventually became a habit for her. An unusual habit. Dragging people when their not listening to you.

"Ok, now, get up. Unless you want me to drag you outside on the cement. It hurts more than the floor tiles." 

She released my leg. I groaned and walked towards the limo outside that was waiting for us. We were accompanied by a nice gentleman outside the limo. He was in an orange tuxedo, which I assume was the theme of the engagement party. Pfft, more like a Halloween party.

He opened the door and Tammy got in. He then he looked over at me and gave me a dirty look. He eyed me up and down and made a face. An ugly face. At my pajamas. 

"What are you looking at dingus?" I said coldly and crossed my arms. I was a very straightforward person. If someone is staring at me, I'd just explode right in front of them.

"Uhh, nothing ma'am. Please, enter." He said nervously.

I eyed him up and down, "At least I don't look like oompa loompa." I stuck my tongue out and entered the limo confidently with my pajamas, until my eyes fell on someone.

It was a blonde lady. Blue eyes. Nice smile. Cute fringe. Her legs were stretched out, so I assume she's pretty tall. Had multiple rings and necklaces on her. And she was in an orange suit too, except she looked hotter. Way hotter than the oompa loompa outside.