Chapter 47: Friends again?

Debbie sat outside the balcony for quite some time. The skies darkened and chased the sun away, accompanied by the stars. A song played from elsewhere and she just sat listening to the song on loop.

I love you so - The Walters:

Lou stood behind the glass sliding door and stared at Debbie, staring at the sky. She wanted to join her so badly, but she couldn't. The sky eventually cried and its tears fell on Debbie. Lou watched as Debbie's head tilted up, allowing the rain to touch her everywhere. Lou found herself somehow jealous that the rain got to run itself all through Debbie's body. She watched as Debbie's eyes lit up when lightning struck. She was mesmerizing. There's a quote Lou remembers she had wrote in one of the notes she wrote for Debbie:

The world is too big to love only love one person

But out of the billions of people on this Earth,

Nobody will make me feel the way you do.

This world is too big to love only one person,

But I can only bring myself to love you.

Lou could make out that Debbie was singing along to the song. Afterall, she's been outside for hours on the balcony listening to the looped song. She slid open the sliding door and stood behind Debbie, listening to her sing.

Lou never wanted Debbie in a s*xual way. She never did. She wanted to hug Debbie, touch her skin, hug her again, feel her warmth, smell Debbie's scent, feel how soft her hair is, look into her eyes and soak in Debbie's present. She wanted it so bad. But she knew once she'd cross her line, then it'll be impossible to ever touch Debbie again. She listened to Debbie hum the part of the song.

🎶I love you so,

I love you so,

I love you so, 

I love you soooooo,

I love you so.

I'm gonna pack my things and leave you behind.

This feelings old and I know that I've made up my mind,

I hope you feel what I felt when you shattered my soul,

'Cause you were cool and I'm a fool, so please let me go🎶

Debbie whispered under her breath, "🎶I love you so🎶" The song echoed, "🎶Please let me go🎶"

Debbie repeated the same part and Lou came in, "Don't let me go." Startled, Debbie jumped from her seat and found Lou staring at her.

"Lou, you id*ot. You scared me."

"Sorry."

"It's fine, you wanna join me in the rain?"

Lou squealed and her lips curved slightly.

"I'll take that smirk as a yes?" Debbie chuckled and Lou nodded back. They both sat on the couch, spaced away from each other. "So, Lou, what did you say?"

"Don't let me go." Debbie blushed heavily and looked away. Lou's hands didn't fail to touch Debbie's. She had an excuse why.

"Your hands are cold, do you wanna hold mine?" Lou nervously asked. Debbie looked over her shoulders and nodded. Her hands and Lou's intertwined and both sat there silently. "You like this song?" Lou questioned.