Chapter 5: The Search

Once Debbie was away from everyone's sight, she ran to the bathroom. Her little heart was beating rapidly, her head was drowned in sorrow and misery, her eyes were a pool of tears and as she ran, those tears made their way down and flew behind in the air. Debbie now knew what Lou was. A player. A heartbreaker. So much for being a charm. Debbie now made her way out of the reception hall, but there was no sign of any bathrooms near her. So she walked to a nearby corner, plopped down against the wall and cried. She sobbed uncontrollably. Debbie cried for so long that she couldn't cry any more and she had lost track of time. She stood up and wandered off to a nearby bar in hopes to get her mind off Lou.

Meanwhile, Lou was looking for her everywhere in the reception, and so was Tammy once Lou had informed her about Debbie's disappearance. Tammy and Lou called her multiple times, but Debbie didn't answer. Instead, she only texted Tammy, which Tammy read;

ID: Ms. Debbie Hitler Ocean

Hey Tams,

Don't worry about me. I'm fine and alright. Just need to do something, then I'll make my way back :)

Luv ya <3

P.S. Please stop calling.

Tammy knew Debbie wasn't ok. But she also knew that when Debbie ran away for space, she needed serious space. Tammy informed Lou not to worry, but Lou, however, didn't understand, and went looking for Debbie. Despite having a session with the blonde chic earlier, her heart still remained with Debbie. She was somewhat and somehow guilty of kissing the blonde chic earlier, who goes by the name of Vicky, short for Victoria, and so, Lou wanted to make it up to Debbie.

Lou POV:

I've searched for 23 minutes now, but no sign of Debbie anywhere. Maybe I need to check outside? I sprinted outside and searched. Through the corridors, down the elevators, outside the reception place, checked every single bathroom, but Debbie was nowhere to be found. I sighed and walked towards a nearby bar called the 'Tipsy Mangoes.' I entered the bar and wandered around, looking for a seat, when I saw a brunette in the exact same pajamas as Debbie's, sitting near the counter. My heart flipped as I saw her. A massive smile of victory plastered across my face. Hope bloomed inside of me. I approached her and with every step I took, my heart just flew into cloud 9, but the closer I went near her, the louder the faint sobs and cries came from her. I could tell she was crying and she still is, but she can't.

"De... Debbie?" I placed my hands on her shoulders which startled her. She looked up at me and met my eyes. Her eyes were red. It's visible she's been crying for so long. But why? I wondered. Debbie shuddered her shoulders which caused me to withdraw my hands.

"Go away!" Debbie yelled, but luckily, the music within the bar was loud enough to cover.

"Debbie. What's wrong?" I yelled over the music.

Debbie suddenly stood up from her seat and looked at me for a second, then she slapped me. She slapped me hard enough to leave a red hand mark on my face and it did. I gently laid my hands over the cheek she had slapped and it stung badly and I felt it heating up. Not only did my cheeks sting, but my heart was stung too.

"Debbie, hunny-" I began, when she interrupted me.

"DON'T... YOU DARE... HUNNY ME, LOU!" Debbie was now furious. Her yell caught many other customers' attention and it definitely caught my attention too, because her voice quivered and trembled.

Third Person POV:

Lou stared blankly at Debbie. Her eyes were filled with tears now, ready to be released, but Lou held it in. Her heart was aching to let it out, but she couldn't. Debbie was already crying and hurting, so she couldn't add additional, unnecessary grief. This didn't go unnoticed by Debbie as well. She wanted to hug Lou and apologize, but she was held back by her ego of stubbornness. She wanted to comfort Lou and tell her to let it out, but her madness didn't allow her to. Debbie couldn't care less, so she slapped Lou on the other cheek too. Now Lou had enough. The whole day, she'd been only trying to be nice to Debbie. She gave Debbie compliments, called her sweet endearments and even confessed her feelings a little too early and this is how Debbie treats her.

"YOU B*TCH!" Lou yelled. But this only escalated things between her and Debbie. Lou slapped Debbie back. But unlike Debbie's slap, Lou's one was harder. And it gave twice as much pain as Debbie gave Lou. It immediately left a red mark on Debbie's face, which Lou noticed and felt bad, because she was stronger than Debbie. Way muscular and hefty.

"OH SHOOT! Debbie, I'm so-" Lou began.

"GET. THE. F*CK. AWAY. FROM. ME!" Debbie spoke slowly, yet in a stern, menacing and threatening voice.

Lou left the bar, unwantingly. She didn't want to leave Debbie alone. She wanted to comfort Debbie and say she's sorry over and over again, but Debbie was in an emotionally dangerous state where no one wanted to encounter. And Lou just did. So she had no choice but to leave. Lou walked away from Debbie and made her way to the door. Once she was at the door, she stood there for a minute, in hopes Debbie would run back to her. But she didn't. Debbie, who was now able to cry once more, wept. And everytime she wept, her little heart just shrank more and more. And what made her heart ache more was the song that was blasted in the bar and the lyrics. Unknowing that Lou still stood near the door, she sat back down and instead, hearkened to the song that she related to right now.

🎶 Something told me, it was over

When I saw you and her talkin'

Something deep down in my soul said, "cry girl."

When I saw you and that girl walkin' around 🎶

Lou turned around and glanced over to where Debbie sat. Debbie was crying, silently. The tears rolled down her cheeks nonchalantly and her face was just frozen. She showed no emotions. Debbie didn't fall on the ground and cry and scream and kick and make fuss. No, nothing. She sat back down on the stool and stared blankly at her drink, but her tears were obstreperous. Lou figured Debbie was just strong and held it in her anger. Until, she saw Debbie wiping her tears away and seemed like she was listening to the song. Lou, who now heard the lyrics, didn't understand why Debbie cared, but she soon realized.

🎶 Whoo, I would rather, I would rather go blind, boy

Than to see you walk away from me, child no

Whoo, you see, I love you so much,

That I don't wanna watch you leave me baby 🎶