Chapter 20: Big Brother Talk - Part 2

I swallowed a large chunk of saliva and hummed back in response to start. Danny turned off the Be happy x Oreo Remix and played a different song.

The Wisp Sings - Winter Aid: 

"Let's just give this conversation a little mood." Danny said.

"Oh sh*t, Danny. I'm gonna cry. Don't." But he never listened.

"Debdeb. Y'know your problem? You get attached... too fast. And once you get attached to someone, you do everything you can to please them and make them happy, without showing your feelings, because, y'know, you're an Ice Queen. Solid."

"Shut up."

"Fine. Sorry. But you need to let go."

"What?" My voice quivered back in confusion.

"You need to let go, Debs."

"Why?"

Third Person POV:

Debbie Parked her car on the side of the road to listen to Danny's talk.

"Debbie... You wanna know what I've learnt my whole entire life."

"No Danny. I'm talking about my life. My life with... her. What I pictured with her y'know. Kids, a family. But she's off with someone else now. And I know she wasn't mine nor did I entitled myself hers, but losing her just breaks my heart, Danny."

"I know bub, shhh. Let me finish. If somebody wanna walk outta your life, Debbie. Let. Them. Go. Especially if you know you've done the best you can do. You've sat down and been the best woman you've ever been. And then you're gone for 3 weeks, come back, they've moved on. Let. Them. Go."

Debbie was now crying her heart out.

"Debbieeee, don't cry love. But whatever she's runnin' after, she'll see what she lost in a minute, but by the end, it's gonna be too late. Debbie, people come in your life for a lifetime, some come for a season and you gotta know which is which and you're always gonna mess up when you mix seasonal people up with lifetime expectations."

"Mhm." Debbie straightened up, but tears were still streaming down her face.

"Debbie, don't cry. Mum always told us," Danny waited for Debbie's response, but she couldn't because she was sobbing. "Alright, I'll say it then. 'Never cry for the person who doesn't know the value of your tears.' Debbie, don't cry. I miss you right now and I want to hug you. But for now, I can only educate you. Now where was I? Right. You see, Debbie, some people even get married to seasonal people and then within 2 to 3 years, you won't even remember their damn last name. This 'Kiwi,' girl you're sitting around crying about, she won't even matter to you in 10 years. And then you'd look back and be like, "What the damn hell was wrong with me?," "What the hell was I doing?" and "I must've been lonely as hell to have fallen in love with you.""

Debbie gave a light chuckle.

"Now you can sit around and be depressed for a minute and cry about it, do whatever you want about it, but don't stay there too long, DebDeb. Get up and go on with your life."

"Mhm, I guess... *sniffles* I should. But... *sniffles* I really do like... *sniffles* her."

"Very well then, Debdeb. Our talk here is done. I can only leave you with: Play hard to get till she sees your worth, Debdeb. Don't show any affection towards her or anything. Leave her hanging, till she decides to hop off and swing with you. Got it, soldier?"