Chapter 40: Good or Bad News?

Four months ago, on the 10th of July was the day Debbie and Lou both met. Lou and Heather are back dating again, Debbie is living by herself still, everyone is doing great. Timmy and his boyfriend are getting married soon. They cancelled their marriage that was supposed to take place many years ago because they just thought they needed more time. Keanu and his mystery girlfriend are still unknown to everyone. Constance, Nine, Amita and the others are doing great too. All still miserable and missing Debbie, but able to manage it. Danny and his partner are engaged and planning to tell Debbie and the others. Everything is scattered everywhere, but everyone is doing pretty well with their own lives.

_________________________________

RING!

Debbie answered the phone as she had seen Timmy's caller ID.

"DEBBIE!" Timmy screeched.

"Woah, do you need to scream over the phone?"

"Debbie... sorry, but, have you heard the news?" Timmy questioned excitedly.

"What is it, Timothy?"

"Oh gosh, you haven't heard?"

"What, what is it? Tell me. Good or bad?"

"Good, of course babe!"

"THEN SPILL!" Debbie said sternly, yet excitingly.

"YOU'RE BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED!"

There was silence from Debbie. "What?" Debbie allowed it to escape her mouth softly.

"DANNY IS GETTING-"

"I HEARD YOU IDI*T!"

"Oh, are you sad or..."

"Why didn't he tell me. I need to meet her first before they get married. She's going to be an in - law-"

"Debs, don't worry, the wedding is next year, but your brother proposed last year-"

"LAST YEAR!?"

"Uhhmm, let's move on from this topic."

"Oh god! I'll call you back, I need to-"

"No, Debbie, I need to tell you something else too."

"Well, can you please hurry up then?"

"It's Tammy..."

Beep! Debbie hung up the phone with no hesitation. She knew what was going to follow afterwards. But she called back in case it was actually serious, like Tammy's death or death. That is the only reason Debbie would go meet Tammy. Well, in her grave. So she called Timmy back.

"Debbie-"

"Hurry up."

"She's pregnant." Timmy sighed and said.

"What?" Debbie's heart dropped ever so delicately at this news. She so badly wanted to hug Tammy right now and kiss her stomach.

"She's pregnant and she called if you could come over-"

"How does she know I'm with you. Timmy, I told you-"

"No, she said If your with me. You know how many times she calls each day? Actually for the past 4 years, every goddamn day if I have any news about her?"

This melted Debbie's heart. Tammy, her best friend who took care of her just like a sister never gave up looking for Debbie. And although Debbie did wrong, running away, she knows Tammy would always love her.

"I didn't tell her, I promised. And a promise is a promise, Debs. But you have to go and meet her. I don't know what happened, but whatever happened, you shouldn't lure Tammy into this. It's in the past Debbie, you shouldn't be dwelling over it."

"..."

"Debbie?"

"I can't." Debbie sighed.

"You can."

"I can't."

"You-"

Debbie interrupted, "I CAN'T! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND! I WAS BROKEN BY ONE PARTICULAR PERSON WHO GREW UP WITH TAMMY, OKAY? SHE BASICALLY LIVES WITH TAMMY. I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER AND SHE JUST... SHATTERED ME. SHE BROKE ME MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE, TIMMY! JUST... don't." Debbie calmed her voice down, but her tears didn't hesitate to escape her eyes.

"Debbie, I'm sorry."

"I need to rest for work, I'll see you tomorrow."

BEEP!

Debbie didn't actually rest though, she thought about it for an hour until she decided... call Tammy. Debbie was slowly healing, but not at full recovery so calling Tammy was the only option in her mind, other than meeting physically and also meeting Lou, if Lou and Tammy were still friends.

Debbie still remembered Tammy's number and dialled her. At first, Tammy didn't pick up and led Debbie to doubts that Tammy still owned the same number. But Tammy's number dialled back in case it was an E - Bay delivery she recently ordered.

Tammy POV:

"Hello?" Tammy inquired and once Debbie heard Tammy's voice, her eyes swelled up in tears, which prevented her from talking. "Hello? Is this for my order-"

"It's me... Debbie."

Tammy gasped from the other side of the phone which could be heard by Debbie. Tammy's hands immediately felt like a bucket of water and her phone slipped and fell.

"Debbie..." Tammy broke down along with the phone on the floor. She began to sob. "Debbie, where are you?"

"Doesn't matter, Tams. I heard you're pregnant, Congratulations."

"Debbie, where are you?"

"I can't."

"Debbie, it's not fair! Why do you have to be gone? Just because of Lou. Yeah, it's just Lou, not us. Did you ever think about us? How we would feel if you left. You left because of Lou and you never thought about anyone else. Not me, not Nine or Constance or anyone else. You left cold - heartedly and sternly all because of Lou. Couldn't you just block Lou and not us? Couldn't you just leave and at least tell us where you are. It was stupid and foolish of you, Debbie. It was dumb and it's just... stupidity. I cried each day and night mourning over you, and you think you can just call me and say congratulations. You're messed up, Debbie. You. Are. Messed-"

Before Tammy could finish, Debbie interrupted coldly, "I called to say congratulations and apologize, but you just went off at me. Nice. Real nice of you, Tamera. But get this, I'm never coming back you b*tch. What's so hard to understand. Now, congratulations on your baby and f*ck off if you have nothing better to do other than telling me what I did was wrong and I'm id*otic and selfish."

Debbie hung up the phone and cried. Tammy was right. She left all and only because of Lou. She never thought of the others. She only cared about Lou. Everything about Lou. And yeah, that's how much Debbie loved Lou, but she never seemed to care about the others. Her true friends from the beginning. And she just left, without telling them where or when she's coming back. She just left coldly.

Debbie so badly wanted to call Tammy back and cry and rant and vent to her about everything. About Michigan, work, tell Tammy about Keanu, Scarlett and new friends she's made and how proud Tammy would be of her, but her ego kept her back. Tammy, on the other hand, called back multiple times, but Debbie declined all her calls.

"It's been 4 years..." Debbie sighed to herself.

Indeed, it has been 4 years. Not 4 years of Loubbie friendship as it passed 3 months ago, but the day tomorrow would mark the exact date Debbie left New York, and Tammy's Wedding, October 10th. And although Debbie did feel bad she'd leave Tammy in misery for her 4 year marriage anniversary, she couldn't help but also cry happily that Tammy is having a baby. She's moving on with her life without Debbie. And Debbie is moving on with her life without Tammy. Turns out, sometimes you don't always need someone there to tell you what to do. And Debbie learnt that the hard way after running away.