Part 36: All Debbie wanted

Debbie was heading back to Canada. Why? During Debbie's 3 week leave for work, she bumped into Timmy. Timothy Carson. Her first ever lover. She bumped into him while she was shopping for the gifts and both of them were delighted they saw each other. They both went for coffee and talked about their own lives. Timmy was there for a three month vacation, with his boyfriend. And Debbie was surprised how much Timmy had changed over the years.

Debbie remembered vividly he rocked a gay outfit all in pink. He was confident with wearing bras in his pink little crop top, he wore high heels and a mini skirt. And he strutted as if he owned the place. And he did. When Debbie told Timmy about her life and Lou, he squealed in excitement. He was so happy Debbie had found her official true love.

The little catch up between them ended when Timmy's boyfriend's older brother, Keanu interrupted, "Hey Timmy! You set to go?"

"Yeah, just wait hun, I'm catching up with an old friend."

Debbie smiled, looked up and met Keanu's eyes. Both shook hands. But Debbie never felt anything for him. All her love was intended for Lou, and Lou.

And right now, she was making her way to Timmy's house in Canada. She needed someone right now. Someone to vent, rant, cry and talk about what had just happened. Truth is, Debbie was hurt when she caught Lou and Heather, but she was used to it, she didn't feel anything at all. But the emotions are slowly slipping in.

________________________________________________________

The car ride from New York to Canada would take about a day and seventeen hours, and Debbie was a little over 3 hours in right now. Each time she drove farther away from her apartment and everyone, piece by piece her heart felt content. She did, however, miss Lou and everyone. What Lou did was wrong, but Debbie could never hate a soul like Lou. She loves her too much that she could never hate her. But that's the problem. She loves Lou unconditionally and endlessly, but it'll just make her miserable each time her love grows. Maybe they weren't meant for each other.

Debbie played some songs when she heard her phone ringing from her bag. It said it was unknown. Debbie hung up, thinking it's some advertisement or phone scammers. But it started ringing continuously, like an unsilenced bell. Debbie unknowingly picked up the phone. "Hello? Listen, if you're calling to advertise about you-"

"Debbie!?" Tammy yelled from the other end.

"Tams?" Debbie parked her car on the side of the road.

"Debbie! Where are you? Please come ba-"

BEEP! Debbie hung up. She didn't want anyone to beg her to come back. No point anyways because she's come so far.

( Play if you want, but suggested bestays cuz it's for Debbie's dialogues )

All I want - Olivia Rodrigo:

Debbie silenced the phone and turned on some music, but Debbie could see the phone's light from the corner of her eye and it was killing her concentration. Mind you, it's about eight or nine in the morning right now and Debbie has not slept ever since Tammy's wedding yesterday.

"Tammy, stop call-"

"Debbie, why do you have to leave? Just because of Lou? What about us-"

"I found a girl, told me I was a star." Debbie interrupted. 

"What?" tammy inquired.

"She held the door, held my hand in the dark."

"Debbie..." Tammy softly spoke.

 "And she's perfect on the paper, but she's lying to my face. Does she think that I'm the kind of girl who needs to be saved?" Debbie's voice quivered as she interrupted Tammy. Lou who was in the background listening to all of this wept.

"Debbie..." Tammy said, turned around and faced Lou. 

"And there's one more boy, he's from my past. We fell in love, but it didn't last. 'Cause the second I figured it out, he pushes me away and I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway."

"Timmy." Tammy said softly and sighed. 

"Mhm. Never lasted. I loved him, Tams and so I let him go, but I can't let go of Lou." Debbie hummed back in response. "Tams, All I want is love that lasts. Is all I want too much to ask? Is there something wrong with me?"

Lou, listening to all of this, felt hundreds of knives stabbed against her chest.

"All I want is a good person, are my expectations far too high. Try my best, but what can I say all I have is myself at the end of the day. But shouldn't that be enough for me?"

And the wounds stabbing Lou will never heal. They're wounds of guilt that'll forever live with her. And they'll never fade. They'll stain and scar Lou's heart. 

"Tammy, I miss the days when I was young and naïve. I thought the perfect guy would come and find me. Now happy ever after, it don't come so easily."

Everyone was sobbing from the other side. 

"All I want is love that lasts. Is all I want too much to ask? Is it something wrong with me?"

"Debbie, there's nothing-"

Debbie interrupted, "All I want is a good person, are my expectations far too high? Try my best but what can I say, all I have is myself at the end of the day. And all I want is for that to be okay."

Debbie hung up the call and left everyone on the other side speechless, until Constance spoke. She was still holding a grudge against Lou. "You see, all she wanted was Love. It was that simple ma dude. That simple. One job, and why couldn't you do it?"

Everyone exited Lou's apartment, but Lou stayed back. Crying. But Constance stayed back to say one more thing to make Lou's life more miserable. "Mama Lou, here. Debbie bought these rings for you two back when she was in Canada. On the day she came back for an early surprise, she was planning to read this letter. Here. You're sh*t right now, why don't you go back to Heather since you love her more, huh?"

Constance left, leaving Lou speechless. It was, indeed, disrespectful, but Constance said what she needed to say.

_______________________________________

A/N: Guys, sorry, but I'm almost finished with smth, then I'll get back to yawl.