Chapter 38: Debbie on leave

1 Year Anniversary without Debbie:

July 10th:

Lou POV:

Today was Debbie and I one year of friendship. God I wish I could call her, but she's changed her number and everything, let alone even pick up. I wrote a letter though, in hopes she might've returned last year, but f*ck it. She never did. I went to her apartment twice this week and slept on her bed. I left flowers on her balcony and some chocolate, but the pigeons pecked on it. I hoped she'd come back and I'd apologize, she'd forgive me, we would become friends, but no...

She never came back.

I now know I really broke her. After she left, I was miserable, but Heather and I were a thing after some while. But she's nothing compared to Debbie. F*ck, Debbie was everything and I f*cking left her. Why huh? Because I am a f*cking as$. And I hate myself right now. I do. I'm a p*ssy. A goddamn p*ssy. I was dumb to even do this little sh*t. But everyday, I searched for Debbie. Right now, I'm sitting in the bar we used to go to, wearing the favourite suit Debbie always loved on me. We'd come, sit and drink all night, forgetting we have work tomorrow. Then after a while, I'd want to dance and Debbie would come along. But there's an empty seat next to me now.

Dear Debbie,

I'm at the bar right now. The one we used to practice driving. Sucks, cuz the music is playing, but I don't want to dance nor sing. I miss dancing with you. Just you. Just me. Just us. Together on the dance floor back. Y'know there's an old couple here. Probably around their late 60's. What are they doing here? Oh! Their slow dancing now. Damn, they gonna crack some bones and pull some muscles. But they look cute. They're dancing happily. I used to wonder if this would be us. Sorry for everything, Debbie. But please come back. I know I hurt you, but I don't want you to leave. Life sucks now. Is it even worth living with you gone?

Please just come back. I just want us back together.

Love,

Lou

I miss her a lot. More than I miss my own sister I barely talk to. I miss Debbie's smile, her devilish grins, her endearments and- everything. I even miss her tone of voice and smirk when she declines my questions. I miss how we both used to go on car rides and go on a playdate, just the two of us. Now, it's just me alone. With Heather too, but I bet she's cheated on me multiple times. Like I care anyways. Now Debbie's gone, I guess old Lou disappeared too.

2 Year Anniversary without Debbie:

July 10th:

Lou POV:

Happy 2 year anniversary to Debbie and I. I wrote her a letter again, bought some flowers and left some chocolate on her balcony. I slept on her bed too because the scent of the bed sheets reminded me so much of her. Heather and I decided to remain as friends, but with benefits. I still search for Debbie everyday. I tried to trace back on her number, but to no use. I contacted everyone, including her brother, but he was unaware of her disappearance. Something in his tone of voice when I spoke to him tells my guts he knows, but I guess he must've promised Debbie not to tell.

Each day I pass all the places Debbie and I used to go, flashbacks hit me. Today, the song Just the two of us by Grover Washington played while I was driving. The song Debbie and I used to sing, except, it's just me now. I drove past the car park Debbie and I practiced driving in and I remember her delighted little squeal each time she clicks the indicator lights on. I miss her. Now it's just me driving in the car, alone.

I wrote another letter for Debbie. In hopes that when she comes back, I'll be back in her arms and I'll vent to her about everything. Like how much everyone hates me right now. Every letter I write, I place it on top of Debbie's kitchen cupboards in a box. Right now, there's over 100 I guess. I've been writing this whole year for her, but I know she's never going to be back.

Hi Baby Debdeb,

Y'know Tammy and others hate me to guts. Cuz you're gone, all because of me :) Tammy would say hi to me at work and give an awkward smile, but I know she only says hi to maintain her status at work. She even chose to work with Tina instead of me for every goddamn case. Yeah, that's how much she hates me. But who gives a damn? Well, I do. Because it hurts me and I know I deserve it. Nine and the others, well, still hate me. I haven't seen them since last year on the day you left. They'd come to visit Tammy during her breaks at work and stuff, but never dare talk to me. I guess I really am the villain. Not only for your story, but for everyone else.

I miss you. Please come back. I wanna hug someone.

Love,

Baby Loulou

Third Person POV:

Yes, It's Debbie and Lou's 2 year of friendship. Yes, everyone hates Lou. Yes, Lou and Heather became a couple soon after Debbie left and broke up after. Yes, Lou does miss Debbie. Everyone does. But no, they haven't found her, heard anything or found any clues as to where she might be. When Debbie arrived in Canada, she made a promise with Timmy: Never tell anyone where I am - Debbie

And Timmy kept his promise, so far. Timmy and his boyfriend lived in Michigan and they went to Canada for their 2 year anniversary, when they bumped into Debbie. It was unexpected, but Timmy was glad, as he praised Debbie as his sister as soon as they saw each other. But the morning Debbie drove to his house, cold - hearted, heartbroken, devastated, his heart broke too. Debbie had nowhere to go and she definitely didn't want to go to Danny, as she recalls he had found someone. She didn't want to invade their space. Danny knew she ran away as she had blocked his number the day she left New York, but he talked Timmy into telling him. Debbie facepalmed. But Danny kept it a secret as he too felt remorse towards his little sister, who just keeps breaking. He received calls from Tammy, Nine, Constance and others, but he simply spat lies through his teeth. Still, Debbie hasn't told him what had happened, so he was unaware of Lou when she called too. Hell he doesn't even know Lou was what caused Debbie to leave.

Luckily, Timmy and his boyfriend had a goal for many kids, so they had five rooms and four bathrooms. Timmy was a civil engineer and his boyfriend, Max, was a pain management specialist/ doctor, so they had a big bank. Debbie stayed for a year, till she found an apartment she really wanted. She had the money of course, as she is a highly paid lawyer, but she wasn't in the mood to just move. And so Timmy suggested she stay as per what Debbie also planned. Debbie stayed. She didn't dare think about New York, but today, she couldn't help it. She couldn't believe it's been 2 years ever since she and Lou had met. She imagined what would've happened if she and Lou were a couple right now. Lou would probably surprise her with balloons and cake and sing a little song and- "F*ck it, I still like her." Debbie thought to herself. Not romantically, but she loved Lou in every other way.

Debbie also withdrew from the law firm she was currently in back in New York and gained flexibility and increased her legal practice in a law firm in Michigan. She was hesitant at first, as she has been working in the law firm with Tammy for over 10 years, but she couldn't stay. 

______________________________________

Guys, I said in the prev. chapter I'll update tomorrow. Ye, sorry, I meant after that tomorrow, which is today. Btw, this is 2 years combined together, cuz I realized it's too short.