Chapter 25: Debbie's Fitting

Debbie and Tammy arrived at the fitting store and settled in. Tammy went ahead to the back with the assistant to look at the dress, while Debbie sat in the room herself. The store was huge. It was like a mall, yet with only 4 people inside. It's one of the most prestigious Wed. Clothing store in New York, and very expensive. There was a large window allowing customers from inside the store to look out to the opening. Coincidentally, the store was right in front of the Ice cream shop Lou and she used to go to. It gave Debbie chills. A song assumed by Debbie, called, "Reckless," played in the background. Debbie didn't really care about the song. She noticed the lyrics, but didn't give too much thought about it.

🎶And each night goes by,

And each night I cry,

Somebody saw you with

Her last night.

You gave me your words,

Don't worry bout her,

You might love her now,

But you loved me first,

Said you never hurt me...

But here we are. Oh, you

Swore on every star.

How could you be,

So reckless,

With my heart🎶

Lou POV:

I went on Leave for work today. Didn't bother seeing anyone after what happened between Debbie and I yesterday. I honestly feel bad. I promised her... and I broke it.

So I made my way to the Ice cream store we both used to go to, with Heather. She wanted to tag along. We both sat in the car and it reminded me of Debbie.

"Lou." Heather softly caressed my hands.

"Mhm." I looked at Heather and met her eyes, which made me freeze.

"Are you okay?" She questioned.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I sighed. I wasn't. Debbie is just- everywhere in my mind.

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am." I looked away.

"No, you're not." Heather reached out for my cheeks, cupped it and turned my face towards her. I could feel my face heating up in her hands. Her hands were so delicate and soft, "You're blushing. Why are you blushing?"

"I am not." My face furrowed like a little kid.

"Yes, you are. It's ok, you can't control it. Anyways, where are we heading?"

"Mmm, Ice cream. I want Ice cream."

"Alright, drive off."

Whenever I'm with Heather, I feel so... different.

Debbie POV:

I waited for Tammy, then she popped out with the dress. I went to the fitting room and changed. Tammy's theme was now Yellow. I honestly had no idea what's with her with Yellow and Orange. The dress was beautiful. No words- It was just delicate. Exquisite. Divine. Ravishing.