Selena Gomez Launches New Mental Health Platform

Singer and actress Selena Gomez has just launched a new mental health platform called Wondermind. 

The 29 year old pop star has created a brand new website for Wondermind, a mental health platform that she is working with her mother Mandy Teffey and Daniella Pierson. The site offers people access to supportive content and community around mental health issues. 

The three women wrote this message to all of their followers which reads:

"We've each have had our own mental health struggles, and we realized there was no inclusive, fun and easy place where people could come together to explore, discuss, and navigate their feelings. So we created it. Welcome to Wondermind".

The website goes into an explanation about how going to therapy is important and beneficial, but it also compares visiting Wondermind to going to the gym between personal training sessions except for your mind.

"Mental fitness is a daily commitment", the site explains. The more you practice, the better you feel—just like working out. We're giving you easy ways to do it via daily content".

In a promotional video below for the project, Gomez says, "I want there to be a place of people coming together and understanding that they're not alone".

She adds "Being vulnerable and seeking help is one of the most terrifying things in the world. It requires more courage and bravery".

All three women have each shared their struggles with mental health, including Teffey, who revealed that she had been misdiagnosed before it was discovered that she has ADHD, and Pierson said that she has been dealing with OCD her whole life. 

Gomez admitted, "I understand what it's like to be confused and not really understand what are these feelings and emotions coming from... I live with bipolar—I don't suffer from it anymore. I'm really happy and proud of the progress I have made".

Other content on the site will vary from journaling exercises to public discussion and even an upcoming podcast covering mental health issues.

Go to www.wondermind.com to learn more about this project.