Cardi B to Host the American Music Awards

Cardi B will officially host the 2021 American Music Awards!! This will be the rapper's first time hosting the awards ceremony which is just 18 days away.

Cardi B is no stranger to the AMAs. She performed "I Like It" at the AMAs with Bad Bunny and J Balvin back in 2018. And she also made history at last year's AMAs by becoming the first female hip hop artist to win the award for Favorite Hip Hop Song three times.

She is currently up for three awards this year for Favorite Female Hip Hop Artist, Favorite Music Video and Favorite Song — Rap/Hip Hop. 

She joins a list of other artists who are nominated this year like first-nominee Olivia Rodrigo, who is up for seven awards, including New Artist of the Year and Artist of the Year. 

Singer The Weeknd has six nominations is also going up against Rodrigo, Ariana Grande, BTS, Drake and Taylor Swift for the Artist of the Year award.

Bad Bunny, rising R&B star Giveon and Doja Cat have five nominations each.

Pop singer Taylor Swift has three AMA nominations including Favorite Pop Album for "evermore". She currently holds the record for the most award artist in AMA history and could further extend her streak if she wins three more awards.

The American Music Awards will be held live in Los Angeles on November 21st on ABC. 

So, don't forget to cast your vote for the AMAs on the TikTok app. If not, then go to the App Store and download TikTok. You have now until November 16th to put in your vote on who you think should win the 2021 AMAs. 

I will be posting all of the winners from the AMAs the next day on November 22nd. So, make sure that you stay tuned for that.