Demi Lovato Announces the Release Date for Skin of My Teeth

It's official, Lovatics. Demi Lovato has just announced that their single Skin of My Teeth will be released on June 10th. Skin of My Teeth will be the first song to kick off Demi's pop-punk career.

Demi staged a funeral early this year to mark the end of their pop music career and confirmed a return to their emo roots from their first two albums Don't Forget (2008) and Here We Go Again (2009).

The track was previously teased on TikTok when Lovato posted a snippet of it. In a February interview with Rolling Stone, Demi was asked about going back to the "rocky, emo early days".

"That, but better. And also, there's a bit of... and when I say heaviness, I don't mean lyrically, but heaviness as in some of the sound that I haven't done before, which is exciting. It's a new era reminiscent of my first era", they responded.

Demi also went to further explain that, "I'm ever-evolving, ever-changing. I'd like to put the rest of my music behind me and start fresh in this new era for this next album – but I do that every album cycle. It honestly wasn't a funeral. It was a label meeting and we just all happened to be in black and I was like, 'Wow, this is like a funeral for my pop music.' There wasn't an actual funeral."

You can pre-order Skin of My Teeth on Spotify and Apple Music