20 {Part 1}

My favorite cutie patootie wrote this amazing chapter Korgayyy thank you for being so flawless always.

Earlier...

Harry had two feet of spell books stacked on the desk in front of him. Different colors, thicknesses and origins but so far every single one of them he'd gone through were bringing him to dead ends.

The warlock flipped through the pages of his most recently opened book with speed and purpose to search for a proper spell.

He'd spent the past twenty-four hours in his home that was about 8 miles away from the Hamilton packs house. Harry had spent the time diligently searching for something-anything that he could suggest to an overly determined Ally and steer the innocent good hearted wolf out of harm's way.

But this was tricky. Not only was he looking for a disabling and crippling spell, he was looking for a spell strong enough to remain set in stone when cast on a strong weather witch.

Disabling spells were child's play. He knew when he'd suggested them to Ally. They were spells that wizards and warlocks learned in school.

Not to mention the reality that he would be taking a huge risk by using up so much of his magic to see to it that this spell would be strong enough to work. It had to be an impeccable casting that would allow his spell to remain unaltered even when it was directed towards a witch as powerful as Clara Jauregui.

Derrick had originally called Harry over to aide in protecting Normani and the rest of the pack. When the time came, to heal the wounded, revive the pack members on the brink of life and death after a brutal battle- to cast protective spells over the packs' home.

Over the course of the days it was evident that Clara was passing on more and more of her powers onto Lauren. The young rouge witch was causing more mayhem in the town each and everyday. But until Clara kept her in check because the older witch would never give Lauren enough powers to have control of her own mind again.

Harry had gone into overdrive, and worked overtime to insure that the pack got the maximum safety possible. And now Ally, was trying so agressivley to get herself directly in harm's way.

Why couldn't she just wait for the ambush and prepare with the rest of the pack?

"Maybe I should just tell Derrick. He's no longer alpha but I'm sure he had enough authority to discourage her.", he muttered to himself, having reached the halfway point of the spell book on his desk.

He'd gone through fifty-six spell books at this point, his countless hours of research in a desperate attempt to find something that could destroy Clara but protect his friend were, to say the least, in vain.

He slammed his free fist on the table in uninhibited frustration. Ally would never forgive him if he undermined her dangerous but genuine intentions by going to the exalpha for help?

Maybe he could go have Normani talk some sense into her beta?

"Harry?", a voice from outside his door startled him slightly, making him jump.

"Speaking of the devil", he thought with a hinge of sadness rather than mumbled, fully aware of a werewolfs heightened sense of hearing.

"Harry it's Ally!", her knocks got quicker in succession, louder and more impatient by the second.

The warlock got up hesitantly, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to think up of an excuse. He hadn't found anything that could help his friend.

"Cast please, open the door. I can literally hear you breathing.", Ally rolled her eyes on the other side of the thick oak door. Her voice was heavy with urgency.