18

2 more chapters after this, here's the beginning of the end.

Thank you for 10k :)

Dinah met me once I had left under the willow tree, she was still in her wolf form and looked up at me with questioning eyes.

"I'm fine," I say a little breathlessly, I knew she could hear my heartbeat a little faster than what it would should be but she also saw no physical injures on me and no fresh blood so she came to my hand and gave it a little toss with her snout as if to say I did this for you, now pet me which I was happy to comply too.

"I don't hear anymore heartbeats... where's your backup?" I asked the honeyblonde wolf but she stayed still, eyes still closed enjoy my fingers in her fur. "Don't tell me you didn't bring back up Dinah, come on your better than that."

Dinah let out a small whimper but left it at that, you were with your mate, I knew she wouldn't hurt you. Dinah's words creeping into my mind and I huffed in response to them.

"Di, she's been under a spell the whole time she wasn't with me, her mom had been spelling her to do what she wanted. I feel awful that I couldn't protect her from that."

Dinah let out a whine this time sounding angry, 'Don't blame yourself'

"I know I shouldn't blame myself, I do, but man." I stopped myself not wanting to feel anymore regret, I wanted to live in the moment where we had kissed and enjoyed every second of it.

"Her mom is coming tomorrow, Lauren says to get out of town, but we're not going anywhere. Do you think we should wake them up and tell them?"

A growl came from my pack mate so I starched her head a little harder until she eased up. 'they'll be mad you left without protection'

"Oh Dinah, you're my protection"

Dinah licked my wrist in return to my kind words.

We walked home slowly ravishing in the moonlight and letting it tingle against the fur and skin of us. I kept my hand on Dinah's head and she practically purred with happiness about it, I was glad I was able to make her happy.

As an Alpha, I'm so uptight and constrictive, I wanted my pack to know that I was a leader, their leader and not a friend but ever since I had met Lauren I began working the two together, I realised I could be both. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Lauren before everything happened and I didn't get to tell her everything I wanted but she knew now and I could work with what I had. That was enough for me.

***

I woke up my father and mother and told them I had gone out and what Lauren said. My father gave me a dark scowling for leaving without letting them know and telling me I need to be more aware of the danger the pack was in, and I simply told him that if something had happened to me they would just have to avenge my death like how I would do for any of them and just the same as the way packs have done it for generations. I didn't take it to much to heart because in the end, I was fine. I had been worried about it but in the end it had all worked out and we even had a warning of what was to come in the morning.

We woke the pack right away letting them know of the danger and what we could possibly be facing the morning I told them to put on their game face and I told them to rest up because we don't know exactly. The pack had actually taken it a lot well than I thought they would and for that I was proud, there was no nervous energy or anyone pacing they all just took in the information I had given them, nodded their heads and went back to bed. Even Ally, who I had been most worried about, but if anything she just looked more determined than ever to deal with the threat of someone destroying the pack.