3

I spot her almost immediately, mainly because everything about her screams wolf. Her long black hair that hits her waist her insanely grey eyes and even the way she walked. Yes, her appearance screamed wolf for sure but nothing else did. She didn’t walk with her back straight looking ahead; her ears didn’t perk up on random sounds that catch mine or any other wolf in town. I could tell she wasn’t athletic and didn’t work with her natural abilities as she should and she was also open, happy to talk to anyone who questions her. Obviously her pack didn’t teach her home training.

Still something about her was still insanely unsettling, it made my stomach act up and my heart beat faster and it scared me. What kind of power did this wolf contain to make me feel things I didn’t choose to feel? I knew I had complete choice over my body, not anyone else.

Could she be part witch? I had heard the legend about wolves and witches mating but had never seen one before. Is that why her sense of smell was so awful and she couldn’t feel my power? Or was she just choosing to ignore it?

Once we actually start gym class, I watch her jog the four laps we do every day and she complains about it, saying that she hates to run because it makes her sweat which means she doesn’t have any type of training at all. She was actually quite stupid.

She also looked nothing like her sister Camila, who was also in my class. Camila happened to have light brown thick hair and light brown eyes a heart shaped face and innocent eyes. Lauren on the other hand had sharp features and eyes so bright I believed they changed color which also leads me to thinking she was also a witch. But every time I took a sniff at her all I could smell was wolf. She wasn’t from Texas that much I could tell as well.

When the class began to play basketball I truly realized what was going on, her sister wasn’t a wolf. Not at all. She had no type of scent different than the humans.

Fuck.

Lauren Cabello had no idea she was a werewolf.

_

I didn’t speak to her and as soon as class was over I called my pack over to my car, I was completely and utterly surprised. She didn’t know she was a wolf, she didn’t know the power she held within her. She must have been adopted by the humans she lives with now when she was a baby, if they didn’t know she didn’t know.

She has to be a born wolf that much I can smell on her but what could have stunted her change and her growth? Most werewolf children are born in their wolf forms so they can learn to change from wolf to baby easy from the start, while others teach control at a later age. But usually at puberty you go through your first change because of natural body order, her parents must notice that she doesn’t get sick, or has any other health problems. Could the humans truly be so stupid? The thought made me sick.

I tell my pack about my findings and they just raise their eyebrows in surprised, just as dumbfounded as myself.

“Well one of us has to tell her,” I say before pulling out my phone, texting the rest of my pack and family about my findings and calling a meeting for the time Dinah, Ally, and I all got back from school.

“We should befriend her first, she won’t believe us if we just come out and say it.” Ally says and I smile at her, she had always been better at speaking to people than me, she had more time in her human form than I did, I was raised as a wolf for the most part, not human.  So she learned different things than me which made her the perfect beta.

“You’re right.” I nod my head “I think you should do it Ally, you’re the people person out of all of us. Dinah is to forward,” I turn to Dinah “You haven’t learned control yet, and I am unapproachable, and everyone else is out of high school.”

“I don’t think I can,” Ally says slowly “You know I can’t keep secret,”  

I growled and looked at Dinah “Do you think you will be able to tone down enough to talk to her?”

“I don’t have any classes with her; I can’t see her even if I wanted too.”  Dinah tells me

I turned away from my pack and ran my fingers through my thick hair.

“Fuck.” I say when I turn back around “which only leaves me. I’ll do it.”

i'm so sorry this update took so freaking long. i'm in the middle of ending my other fic "categorize' and that took my complete and full attention. and i'm also sorry about how short my chapters are. if you have read my other stories you know my work is better than this. i'm working on it. hope you enjoyed this :)