2

This Monday should have been like any other Monday, but it wasn’t. I could smell it in the air and I could feel it rushing along my skin. It was almost a burning sensation and I knew exactly what it was what I didn’t know was who.

“fuck, this is killing me.”  I tell Ally, my first beta who simply nods because I know she feels it too.

“I just don’t understand why they haven’t approached you yet, they have to feel that you’re the alpha. The pull you have towards them. This is insanity.”

I just nod my head in agreement, Ally moves closer to me and slowly lets her head slip in the crook of my neck, I move my hair back to give her better access and she hums with happiness at doing so, this was us. This is what we do.

“Where’s Dinah?” I ask after a while, I was worried about Dinah who was my second beta; she was a hot head and would always be the one to take out others, even if against my orders. She still doesn’t understand completely since she just finished the change.

Ally shrugs her shoulders but she doesn’t move from my neck, so I wrap an arm around her waist and hold her closer. I can feel Ally relaxing and myself as well. I sighed against her warmth. I close my eyes and let myself pull for Dinah and look for with my mind, picturing her tall frame and bright smile, calling to her.

Once she enters my mind clearly I can see her in the hallway sniffing out around the lockers, looking a little less than normal and I sighed, she should be in the lunch room with us but instead she is trying to investigate.

“Ally, come on, let’s go see what Dinah is up too,”

Ally pulls away and nods getting up from the lunch table along with me and we begin to walk out of the classroom, I can feel the eyes of our other classmates on us and it makes me smile, feeling the envy and radiating off of them.

Ally tries to keep up with me but with her small frame and short legs it makes it kind of hard. My long legs took longer strides and went a whole lot faster than her, so I waited for her to meet up with me so I could grab her hand and take her along with me. Ally intertwined her fingers with mine and we quickly made it out of the lunchroom and towards the hallways of our school. 

“Dinah, come here,” I say quietly enough so the normal students can’t hear but louder enough that Dinah can hear her alpha’s call.

“Coming Normani, is something wrong?” Dinah asks and I almost smile, even though Dinah is just a cub in my eyes she always cares about my wellbeing.

“Nothing, just come, Ally is with me as well.”

Dinah doesn’t reply but I know she is coming over and sooner than later I can hear the clank of her heels against our schools floor. Her blonde hairs falling past her breast and to the middle of her stomach her smile on full display and wavy at us both, Ally waves back in response but I just watch her.

“What’s up?” She asks stepping in front of me and I look up at her.

“I saw you sniffing around, you have to be low key Dinah, don’t you understand?” I ask her trying my hardest to keep my voice even so no sense of weakness and no sense of annoyance just like how dad use to run the pack before it was handed over to me. Dinah nods.

“I’m sorry, Alpha, I thought I was.”

“Flaring your nostrils around every single locker in the hallways does not make you seem so low key.” I tell her putting a hand on her shoulder and she puts in her down in defeat and a small whimper escapes her lips.

“If it helps… I found out some information about the new wolf.”

I perk up at that raising my eyebrows “What?”

“Well I found her locker, and um, I broke in and I found her schedule. She has gym with you next hour. Her name is Lauren Cabello. Hispanic. But I don’t know much else.”

“That’s enough for me, thank you Dinah.” I say and even give her a smile. She smiles twice as much and Ally smiles as well.

“So, Normani, what are you going to do about her?”

“She could be young, doesn’t realize my scent until I’m in the same room as her. I could speak with her. If there’s a new pack in town they need to speak with me before they settle in. Maybe they have already discussed a meeting with my father, if they still think he is alpha.”

“Um, Normani,” Ally says and I look down at her, she has a small frown on her face. “What if she rejects you? Doesn’t want to talk?”

“She’s on my territory, I will make her speak.” I snap and Ally backs away fear creeping up along her scent, and I sigh before pulling her back to me up against my side where she belongs.  She looks up at me and I know what she’s probably thinking. I’m so uptight, I need to relax, calm down. But I couldn’t. A new wolf - a new pack probably - was on my turf and they could easily create havoc if I didn’t stop it before it began. I had the right to be uptight. I had the right to worry because I needed to protect my pack and my people.

“The bell is going to ring, why don’t you both get back to class,” I tell them in a softer voice and they both nod their heads before bowing in respect and darting off in different directions while I turn around the way I had come going to the gym to wait for whoever this Lauren Cabello was.