8

buckle up guys, you're in for a wild ride.

“Thank god, we are having this run.” My older sister, Arielle says and smiles at me before throwing an arm over my shoulder and staring into the woods behind our house. The pack house is right on the outs of town and behind the outs of town is just more woods. We had ten acres of land just waiting to be ran on. This is where my pack has its best moments, where everyone was at their happiness, when everything makes sense and where we can find clarity.

I nod at my sister “When I almost changed early, god my muscles are still locked up. I need to be in my first form.”

“Totally, that’s the thing about being wolf-born. You never feel comfortable in human skin.”

I scoffed in agreement and slowly began to undress myself.

The thing about being a wolf and being human was that nudity was not a huge deal, in the human media and television they treat a woman’s body quite oddly, as if it should not be seen ever and as if it is unnatural for have a chest or an ass. Luckily with my pack that was never an problem, we were bound to see each other naked on the regular basis.

“Would you like to change first alpha?” My older sister says and I nod my head in agreement.

“Stay human, wait for the rest of the pack, and greet them. Tell them to find me.”

“You’ve got it, now alpha, change.”

That was more than I needed and slowly I closed my eyes and focused on my more natural skin. I could picture my dark brown fur that in the sunlight you can see hints of blond, red, and even blue. I pictured my golden brown eyes and my black nose. I thought about what it was like to have the dirt under my four paws and the way it felt to see, hear, and smell everything more clearly like how I wished it to be. I smiled as soon as I felt the familiar pain running up my spine.

My body began to break; bone by bone, piece by piece. I fell to knees growling in pain, I could even feel my lungs began to fall small then grow faster than my breathing could keep up with. As I looked around myself I could see my fur coming in before my world went black and I let go.

When I came too everything was enhanced, from the green of the grass to the pink of flowers that grew all around me. Every thought, every look, every smell, ever single piece of the world around me was finally in HD again, my body felt more relaxed than ever. I turned and looked for my sister.

She stood tall smiling down at me as I came close to her, as a wolf I only came up to her waist and slowly she let her hand come down into my fur rubbing at my back.

“Go on and run, I will follow your orders and send the pack to you. I will come last.”

I turned and looked up at her and smiled before darting away running.

The dirt was cold against my paws and it excited me in ways I will never be able to explain. But I felt my pulse racing with every step I took forward, running fast enough it felt like I was flying and I guess in a sense I was. I was on my own personal high, better than any drug.

I ran and ran moving faster than I ever have in a long time, I could feel the power in my steps and all of my emotions sharp and intense and I thrived off it, I felt it all and let it take over. Finally I raised my head back in a howl, yelling out to my pack. Come to me, I’m waiting.

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven

Every voice howled back in response to me and I nearly melted with joy, my pack was finally coming to be my side.