5

Rose immediately began pleading, "Please! She's going through a lot right now! Her dad died earlier this week and her mom is ill! She's having troubles coping!"

I didn't even blink as the staring contest continued between Azias and me. "I'm not gonna ask again."

I looked over at Rose, who had so much fear inside her eyes, and it reminded me of the night the masked man entered the apartment and shot my father. Was that how scared I looked when he had barged in? When my father begged for his life before the gun went off?

"Rose," I said while pointing to my best friend, "is my best friend. She wanted me to get familiar with her workplace and to meet Melia."

With a skeptical look, Azias made clear, "I don't believe in coincidences."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Trust me, if I had known you owned this place, I wouldn't even have come."

He put his gun down before cocking his head to the side, telling me to get up and follow him to wherever it was that he was planning to go. I sighed and decided to oblige. He told his men to stay behind as we walked to a back room. He got in and closed the door behind him before staring at me.

"This better not be what I think this is..." I frowned.

Who points a gun at someone and then takes them to one of the back rooms of a strip club? Someone with bad intentions!

He smirked, "I thought I told you that you ain't my type?"

Fucking dickhead.

"However could I forget such a rude response?" I asked as he sat on the couch.

"So we just gonna keep bumping into each other?" he asked as he began rolling a blunt.

I joked, "Didn't know you were looking forward to seeing me more."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about," he segued. "Stand next to the pole real quick." I frowned and walked to the pole. "Do a quick twirl."

"Why?" I asked, but he only gave me a silent stare.

"Twirl," he ordered me with a tone that hinted that he was already annoyed with me.

I slowly twirled before standing next to the pole again.

"I want you to dance for me."

I rolled my eyes before declining, "No."

"Height?"

"No."

"You're gonna learn to stop telling me that," he threatened in a calm voice as he lit his blunt. "Not gonna ask again."

"5 feet, four inches."

"Breasts are like what— A cup?" he asked as he stared at them.

I covered my chest, and he huffed with amusement dancing on his face. I corrected, "B."

"Butt is...hmm...flat?"

"You know what!"

Not this asshole trying to play me by downsizing my measurements!

He smirked, "Joking, ma. Turn around."

"Reaper, I-." I got out before he cut me off with a look, so I grunted and turned around.

"It's not large, but a medium will do," he stated as he watched my butt, and I rolled my eyes while turning around. "Nice curves, full cheeks-"

I angrily stated, "You can't force me to strip!"

"You'd look nice on a pole, is all I'm saying. You could chill with the attitude."

"Just because my best friend strips doesn't mean I want to," I said while crossing my arms. The money would do me well, but I would never feel comfortable stripping. I was way too shy for that, and I applauded Rose for her courage. "Besides, I'm not the type to. I could never strip in front of a crowd."

He frowned, "Who said anything about a crowd?"

I pointed out, "In here isn't empty!" It was hard to miss the amount of people that kept pouring in the club as time went by.

"Yeah, but I didn't say you'd be stripping for a crowd..." It was then that blush immediately took over my face. He wanted me to strip for him alone? "I have some very important clients-"

"I-"

"Don't cut me off," he warned in a dangerously low voice, and I found my cheeks getting even warmer. "Come here." He patted his lap and I looked at him as if he had lost his damn mind. I parted my lips to tell him no, but he beat me to it by saying, "I swear, if the word no comes out those lips..."

I shyly walked over to him and sat on one of his laps, and he placed a hand on my thigh. I couldn't trust myself around him, and that scared me because I had never felt such an attraction for anyone before. "Three particular clients— Andrew, Marquis, and Hakeem— like to swing by here. They pay very generously, but I don't care. You don't strip for anyone except me. I don't want you offending them, but let them know you don't strip for anyone else."

I wasn't comfortable with the idea of stripping for anyone at all, but I remembered Michael and Ricardo telling me that I should do whatever I'd need to do to get closer to Azias.

"If I were to say yes, when would I know to come here?" I frowned.

He took a pull from his blunt before answering, "I visit on the last Saturday of every month." I remained quiet as I thought about his offer. I was assuming he'd pay me well given that he didn't want me dancing for anyone else. "You don't got all day to decide..."

"Okay," I nodded, "but I'm only dancing for you. I'm not taking off my underwear or bra."

"You can keep on the underwear, but the bra-"

"I-"

"What I told you about cutting me off?" He gripped my thigh, and I could feel my core coming alive.

"Sorry," I apologized, and he loosened his grip.

The fuck am I apologizing for?

"Like I was saying, I'll tip extra for it to go, but if you're not comfortable, I won't force you. Money shouldn't buy out your standards," he finished. "My ladies are treated with respect at my clubs. If you're uncomfortable with something, you should let me know."

I frowned, "Okay, but why me?" He said that I wasn't even his type, yet now he wanted me to dance on a pole half naked for him. I could tell he was possessive though. What was his, was his and no one else's. I figured that much from what Ace had said about the blondes and what he had demanded from me today, and though I wouldn't admit it to him, I liked it.

He licked his lips as he watched me, and I raised my eyebrows while slightly pushing my head out, letting him know that I was still awaiting his answer to my question. His eyes met mine, and I felt my heartbeat increasing.

I hated how nervous he made me feel.

"Trying something new."

A/N: and so am I 👀 I've decided to start doing three chapters a week instead of two. I've already completed the entire book, but the extra time between each posting week allows me to properly edit the chapters. I might continue to increase the amount of chapters I post as time progresses, but no promises 🤣 I decided to post this chapter a day early to give you all a heads up of the changes. Hope you all enjoy this chapter and the two additional you'll be receiving tomorrow 🎀