46

"What? Don't like this form of execution?" Azias teased, but I was in no mood to joke with him. My face was stained with tears, and my body was consumed with fear. "Get down." I climbed off the chair, and he untied the charger from my neck.

I let out a huge breath, thankful that I wouldn't go out like that, however, his laughter made me feel as if something much worse was what I was fated for.

"Don't get too happy now," he chuckled.

I sniffled, "You're gonna kill me, aren't you?"

Azias looked into my eyes, but didn't say anything. He instead tied my hands together before going into my closet. "On the bed," he instructed as he took out some of my sneakers. I sat on the bed and awaited whatever it was that he was planning to do to me. He came back with some shoe laces before pushing me on to my back.

I laid there, staring at the ceiling with tears brimming my eyes. I wished that he would just give me a quick death, but it appeared to me that he wanted me to suffer before dying.

Azias tied my right feet to the right side of the bed before tying my left feet to the left side. He then tied the charger that held my hands together to the headboard above me before leaving the room.

What the fuck is this guy about to do to me? I wondered to myself. Stab me repeatedly? Burn me to death? Cut out my organs and sell them on the black market?!

The only reason why I hadn't tried to run or free myself and was being compliant was my mother and Rose. I was hoping that he'd keep his word and protect them. In return, I had to accept any punishment he saw best fit.

Azias entered the room and then locked the door. When he turned around, I noticed that he had brought a bloody knife with him. He sat next to me and placed the knife on my stomach to rest before informing, "No one's here."

I knew that Ace and Emily had already been out of the house. They were on a weeks vacation in Italy, so the only person he could have been talking about was Rose.

"What did you do to Rose?" I cried. "You promised!"

Azias chuckled before lifting the knife and bringing it to my throat. "Last time to tell me everything, and I'll maybe spare your life."

"I told you everything already!" I angrily yelled as more tears streamed down my face. I was doomed. He had no compassion left. He had killed Rose, and I hadn't tried running away or freeing myself. Maybe if I had, I could've warned Rose to leave this wretched place. Her death was on me. She didn't even know why she died! This was all my fault. "I told you everything that I know!"

"Who were you working for?" he asked.

"They called the person Boss, but I never met the Boss. I don't even know if the person is a man or woman," I answered.

"Still wanna know what I do outside of work, or was that for your reports?" He asked while smearing the blood on my lips.

"I wouldn't have told them," I shook my head.

Azias frowned, "Why? Because you like me? Because I like you?"

"Whether you were a good person or not doesn't make what I agreed to do fair or right. I know that. I was just trying to buy myself time to think of a way to help my mother," I explained. "At first, I did consider it, but I knew that my conscience wouldn't be cleared. I also didn't trust the Boss."

"Hmph," he huffed. "Lick the knife." I shook my head, not wanting to taste the blood. "Do it!"

"Why are you doing this to me?" I cried. "Why can't you just kill me and get it over with?"

He frowned, "Because where's the fun in that?"

"I guess I was wrong about you," I shook my head. "I thought you cared about me."

"Lick the knife," he instructed.

"Please don't hurt my mom. She and Rose didn't know. I didn't have the hearts to tell them. They're innocent. I know you don't care about me anymore. I know you're angry at me, but they truly didn't know. Please, not my mom," I cried.

He stared at me and repeated, "Lick the knife..."

"I don't want to, please," I shook my head.

He placed the knife at my throat and said, "Fine, lick your lips then." He had already smeared her blood on my lips, but it wasn't the knife that I had a problem with. It was the blood itself.

"Azias, please. I don't want to. Can you just kill me already?!" I cried.

He placed the knife down and wiped away my tears. "The sooner you do what I ask, the sooner this will be over," he promised, so I followed instructions and licked the blood of my lips.

I scrounged my face in disgust until the taste of the blood resonated with something familiar. I frowned, "Why does her blood taste like ketchup?"

"Because it's ketchup," he chuckled, causing a huge frown to take over my face. "I sent Rose to a safe house. Told her you were already there."

"Why would you tell her that?" I frowned. Was he still planning to kill me?

He answered, "Because I needed you to think she was dead to see if you'd tell me anything else. People fold under pressure."

"So...what's gonna happen to me?" I nervously asked.

"You won't be making it to the safe house," he answered before lifting my shirt off my skin and slicing it open with the knife. He then did the same to the pajama shorts I wore. "I...I have plans for you."

I frowned, "What plans?" He cut the strings of my thong before ridding me of the torn fabrics. "Please, not the knife up the cooch. Anything else! Not that! Hanging over that!"

Azias chuckled as he walked away and brought the knife to the dresser. "I swear, that imagination of yours," he chuckled. "Where are your toys?"

"My toys?" I frowned.

"The vibrator and dildo," he clarified, and my eyes went wide.

I asked with confusion laced in my voice, "You wanna have sex with me...after what I just told you?"

He turned around and connected eyes with me before saying, "I'm a man of my promises. I promised to teach you a lesson."

"Are you gonna kill me after?" I asked.

"I'm not killing you at all, babe," he sighed.

I frowned, "You forgive me? You're not angry?"

"I am angry, but I also understand why you did it. I go crazy over my family, especially my mom. I've done shit I'm not proud of to protect her and them, so what I'm not gonna do is be a hypocrite," he answered. "Besides, I knew you were keeping the whole truth from me. When you confessed everything, that was the only time you kept eye contact, even through the shameful parts. I'm glad you finally trust me."

"Thank you for understanding," I sniffled. "So what's the plan to take the Boss down?"

"We can worry about that after," he answered. "For now, you gave me a boner earlier that's still there. If you're up for it, I'd like to put it to use."

I smiled, "I'd like that too."

A/N: Next week Saturday will be the last four chapters of this book 😱