15

A knock sounded on my door, and I knew it was Azias. Whenever Emily or Rose wanted to see me, they'd simply text me to come downstairs. None of them ever came up to my room.

"Come in," I invited, and he entered with his hands behind his back as if he was hiding something. "Why's in your hands?" I asked curiously. Could it have been flowers? He revealed his hands, along with my favorite flowers, taking me by complete surprise. He...brought me my favorite flowers! I knew I was blushing as a soft smile took over my face.

"I have a date tonight. Think she'll like it?" he asked, and I felt my smile immediately drop. Why would I ever think that they were for me?! I'm such an idiot! I thought angrily to myself.

"Sure," I nodded, "if she likes this type."

Azias shrugged while walking closer to me. He stopped in front of my bed and asked, "Can you hold them real quick." I nodded, and he placed the flowers in my hand. He then looked around my room before saying, "Yeah I think she'll like it. Compliments her room." He then took the flowers back before walking off. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it!" I called out as my room door closed. I then threw my head backwards and then threw the covers over my head. I then heard my door open, so I quickly sat up and looked at Azias, who wore amusement in his face as he walked over to me again.

Azias crackled a faint chuckle before announcing, "That was a joke."

"Which part?" I asked.

"All," he answered. "They're for you."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Not very funny."

"It was pretty funny. I'm glad Rose didn't ruin the surprise," he gently smiled, and I shook my head. She and I would be having a talk later. How could she keep this from me?! "I wanted to apologize for hurting your feelings." He handed me the flowers, and I shyly took them from him. "I ain't mean to make you feel a type of way or lead you on either. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I forgave as I stared at the beautiful flowers in my hands. I had been cradling it like a baby. "Thank you, these are beautiful!" I met his eyes, and he gave a simple nod before looking away. "How was your day?" I asked in an attempt to make small talk.

He seemed surprised that I asked him that, but he quickly masked the surprise as he answered, "Long."

"I hope my antics this morning didn't have anything to do with that," I chuckled, and he cracked a faint smile.

"It did," he admitted.

I apologized, "I'm sorry."

"I understand why your first reaction was to run," he shook his head, "but that's not what made my day long."

With a slight frown and tilt to my head, I questioned, "What did then?"

"It took a while to find the flowers. No where in the city seemed to have them," he answered. "Then I drove past some old lady's porch, and I paid her to let me take some."

I blushed, "You didn't have to go through so much troubles to find them, but thank you! I appreciate it!"

"You're welcome...How was your day?" He asked.

"Calm," I answered. "Not much to do in here." He nodded before turning around to walk away. "Wait, can you stay for a while?"

"Why?" Azias questioned, his back still facing me.

I answered, "Just wanna talk."

"About?"

"Stuff."

"Like?"