50

Azias went into his closet and took out a black duffel bag, which he brought over to me. He handed me the bag before going into his closet again. I opened the bag and found stacks of cash wrapped in rubber bands. There was also a gun and pocket knife resting on top of the cash.

"Um..." I said as I stared at the contents in the bag.

Azias exited the closet with an identical bag, and I began wondering if it had the same things inside of it.

"There are two bags at the safe house. They look exactly like these," he informed.

"How much is this?" I questioned.

"200k is in yours," he answered.

"What's in yours?" I asked.

He opened it, and inside was a bunch of armories. "Just in case someone finds a way into the house, you now know that there's a bag full of guns for you to defend yourself with. The money should only be used in the event that you've been found and need to camp out somewhere else."

I questioned, "What about food and stuff?"

"There's enough food there to last you three for six months. Hopefully, I can take care of everything before then," he answered. "In the event that I don't, you'll use the money from this bag."

"The one at the safe house has more?" I frowned.

"300k," he nodded. "Half a million should be perfect for you to survive off of. Stay at motels. Pay with cash. Don't try contacting me."

I frowned, "How will you find me?"

"Let's just hope things don't come to that," he brushed my question off. "We're gonna take the next two hours to practice your shooting. Then, I'll send you on your way to meet up with Rose and your mom."

"But how will I know if things are fine on your end?"

"You won't."

"So I just live on the run for the rest of my life?"

"If it's what will keep you safe, yeah!" Azias argued.

"And what if something happens to you?"

Azias sighed, "That ain't for you to worry about."

"Then who should worry about it because you clearly aren't?!" I frustratedly frowned.

"If I don't meet up with you in six months, you camp out in motels for four months. Then, you can meet up with Ace. I'll let you know where his safe house is after I teach you how to fire a descent shot."

I rolled my eyes, "I know how to shoot a gun. I've been to ranges before."

"How confident are you that you can actually hit the person though?" Azias questioned.

"The bullets will connect for sure," I promised. "It just may not be where I was aiming, but it will still connect. Why can't you go into hiding too?"

Azias sighed, "If I go into hiding, you'll never be safe. I need to take down whoever's after us. Ace will go into hiding because he's the only one I trust to keep you safe if I don't make it. Otherwise, he would've been at my side. If you stick to the plan and timeline, your mother, Rose, and you will be fine!"

"Okay," I sighed. "I hope you choose the right people to fight alongside you."

"I'm doing it alone. I can't trust anyone in my team anymore," Azias informed.

"So basically suicide," I concluded.

"I'll be fine."

"How will you even figure out who's behind all of this?"