8

I blushed at my reflection in the mirror. Rose had bodied my makeup, like she always would, but tonight's look hit a bit different. Somehow, she was able to convey a sweet yet bad bitch look, and I was in complete awe.

Rose and I were going to her cousin Brian's cook out. Today was surprisingly very warm, all thanks to global warming, and Brian was taking full advantage.

I hadn't seen Brian in years. When we were all kids, he'd visit Rose on the weekends, but as we grew up, he didn't come over as much. Then Rose moved from her old apartment, and he moved even further away, so they saw each other less. They still kept in touch from time to time, it seemed.

"You know Brian had the biggest crush on you when we were little right?" Rose asked as she threw her keys in her shoulder bag.

I finally left the mirror, and as we left the apartment together, I admitted, "Yeah. Can't say I didn't mind the attention."

"Ew," Rose said while making a face that showed how disgusted she was, and then we both burst out laughing as we left the building. We then got into the Uber, and after an hour, we arrived at Brian's place. Music was blasting, and people decorated his porch. I already knew the backyard was packed.

I remembered that Brian was always the popular one out of us three. He knew just about everybody, so I wasn't surprised to see his event filled with so many people.

We made our way to the back and spotted Brian on the grill. After exchanging greetings, Brian got us situated with some drinks and a plate of food, and Rose and I started looking around for an area to sit.

A pair of familiar eyes caught mine through the crowd, and although I hadn't caught the face properly, I knew that there was only one person I knew that would keep such an intense stare with me. It had to have been him! But what was Azias doing at Brian's event? How did they even know each other?!

Trying to speak over the music, I yelled at Rose, "Reaper!"

"What?! Where?!"

I spoke into her ear, "To the far left, but don't make it hot!"

She then quickly yelled, "Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! He's getting up! He's walking over here! Ah!"

I chuckled at her excitement before turning to my left, only to come face-to-face with this dude.

Track-star?

He looked at Rose and nodded his head as a way of greeting her before connecting eyes with me again. I noticed that his eyes did a quick scan of my body, disrupting my nervous system.

He cocked his head in a direction before walking off, and I followed behind him after having Rose hold my plate and drink. We walked past the porch, beyond the fence, and further up the block that Brian lived on so that we could cancel out most of the noise from the party.

"Hey," I finally greeted once we found a place quiet enough to talk, but as usual, he didn't greet me back.

"Another coincidental meet up?" He asked. What was funny to me was the fact that besides the first time we met, every coincidental meet up was actually coincidental.

I chuckled, "How on Earth do you know Brian?!"

"How do you know him?" he asked, his face and tone very serious.

"He's Rose's cousin, and we used to hang out a lot as kids," I answered. "Will you answer my question now?"

He appeared a bit hesitant to answer but eventually replied, "Friend of a friend."

"Okay," I nodded after figuring out that there would be no elaboration coming. We stood in silence for a moment, and I joked, "This isn't awkward at all!"

He lit a blunt before saying, "You getting real suspicious."

"Shit, you too," I replied, and his eyes met mine. He did that thing where he'd go silent and start searching my eyes for whatever hidden answer he wanted to find, so I decided to distract him. "Once a month ain't good enough?"

He teased with a straight face and playful eyes, "Maybe if you'd make that once a month worth my time..."

"Oh?" I chuckled. "Your dick print be saying something else."

"What it be saying then?" He slowly licked his lips before taking a pull, and I found myself wondering how his lips would feel against mine.

I teased, "That you like what you see."

"And so what if I do?" he asked, and I realized that now was the perfect time to use his own words against him. He would finally feel the burn I felt when he had said it.

With a straight face, I nonchalantly shrugged, "You're not my type." With that said, I walked off and went back to the party. I was surprised that he actually let me walk off, but he probably didn't even care that I did. I was the last thing on his mind; I was sure of it. He just wanted to enjoy his Mary Jane in peace.

1 hour later
Rose smacked my ass as I twerked on her to a song. She was somehow able to convince me to dance. Maybe I was getting drunk. Whatever the case was, I was enjoying myself.

When the song changed, a guy got behind Rose, so she started to dance on him instead while I danced by myself. Then, a guy got behind me, and though I'd normally stop dancing and tell the person that I didn't want to dance, I found myself dancing back.

The song was a throwback, but one of my favorites— a slow, dirty song called Morning Love by Dexta Daps. I was sure he was the reason for increased population because his dirty songs always left me longing.

As the song played, I slowly wined, rolling my hips round and round, and the guy behind me was acting a complete fool, making me chuckle sometimes. His wining was good, but his facial expressions made it seem as if we were having sex and he was at his brink.

I knew a lot of people were watching us because we were getting hyped up a lot, but of all the people watching, I felt his stare the most. I didn't know where in the crowd he was, but I knew he was there, and I knew he was watching me intently.

When the song ended, the guy I danced on tried to get my phone number, but I just gave him my Insta instead so that he could leave me alone.

As I walked to a corner of the room where I spotted a seat, I felt a hand grip my arm before turning me around. In front of me stood a very drunk guy who was attempting to flirt with me. I couldn't hear much of what he was saying but the way that he was looking at me was enough said.

"Not interested!" I shouted over the music, but he pulled me into him instead and grabbed on my butt while grinding on me. I tried to push him off as he kissed on my neck, but he wouldn't budge. "Get the fuck off!" I knew he could hear me due to how close we were, he just didn't care. "Stop!" I rammed my knee between his balls, and he slapped me across the face as he grabbed his dick and crouched. I felt tears building in my eyes from the slap. The stinging I felt when his hands first made contact with my skin was still there, and before I knew it, the tears from the pain was rolling down my cheeks. He motioned towards me, and I gasped and stumbled into a pair of familiarly large hands wrapping around my waist. It wasn't long before the cologne that Azias would always wear locked into my nostrils, and I already began feeling safe. The guy looked up at Azias and immediately began backing away. The fear that formed in his eyes was satisfying!

The guy tried to run away, and the comfort I felt from Azias' touch disappeared as he went after the guy and grabbed him by his shirt. Azias pulled him back to where I stood before saying something in the guy's ear. The guy nodded with even more fear before apologizing, "I'm so sorry, beautiful. Please forgive me!"

I didn't know what Azias said to him, but I decided to accept his apology so that I wouldn't have blood on my hands. I nodded, and Azias gave him a deadly stare before letting him go. Azias then looked at me for a moment before walking off, and I ran after him and grabbed his hand so that he could turn around.

Over the music playing, I yelled, "Thank you!"

Without looking at me, he gave simple nod before pulling his hand out of my hold and leaving.

What the fuck was that about?