45

I turned my phone off before asking, "Where's your phone?"

Azias frowned while taking it out of his pocket. I took it and turned it off before locking the room door. "What's going on?" Azias questioned, confusion written in his eyes.

"I have to tell you something, but I need you to promise me something first," I told him. He nodded. "I need you to promise that you'll protect my mother and Rose after I tell you."

"Wha-"

"Promise me!"

"Okay," he said cautiously. "Now tell me what's going on."

I shamefully looked away as I announced, "I've been lying to you."

"About?"

"What happened to my father and everything in connection to his death," I answered, but he remained quiet. "It wasn't a robbery that happened that night. My dad had gotten himself into God knows what and someone came after him for it. The masked man killed my father in front of me after calling someone on FaceTime. He showed my father and then me before kidnapping me and bringing me to another location where I met two guys, one of which drives for you. Michael is what I know his name to be. They gave me a folder with some information about you. There wasn't much."

"What was in it?" Azias questioned. I could see anger boiling in his eyes.

I answered, "Your name and picture. Small details like your height, eye color, race. That was all."

"Continue," he demanded.

"What I have to say next...I don't expect you to understand, but just let me finish okay?" I begged.

He scoffed, "Just say it."

I could his state from a few days returning, and I gulped from fear. I should've just told him the truth when he found the burner. I had gotten nothing done except cause this man more hurt.

I felt like a bitch.

"I was told that my mother would die if I didn't agree to spy on you. They were the reason why I was in your club the night we met, but that was the only time they organized a meet up for us. The other times we met truly was coincidental," I informed, but he only rolled his eyes. "They didn't give me much direction on what to ask. They only told me to get close to you and find out what operations you run outside of the public eye. I was given three months to do it, but you found the burner..."

Azias frowned, "So they asked for 600k and didn't threaten you or your mom?"

"They asked for 100k. It was a setup for them to assassinate you. I asked for 600k because I wanted 500 to be able to run away while still getting my mom the help she needs," I answered. He looked at me, and I could've told that he felt betrayed once again. "I thought if I told you, you'd kill me for being disloyal to you. So I thought that running away would be the best thing for me to do to protect you, my mom, and Rose."

Azias frowned, "How would you running away protect me?!"

"You wouldn't walk into their trap, and I would've left a note behind explaining everything," I honestly answered. "I care about you, Azias." He scoffed, so I promised, "I really do. I don't wanna see you hurt. I hated having to spy on you. I honestly did the worst job of it. I did t report anything back, I swear."

"Cause I didn't give you anything to report back!" he yelled. "You acted as if I was crazy for being suspicious of you!"

I admitted, "I know. I don't expect you to forgive me for the mind games, or for anything that happened. I never wanted to hurt you. I was just trying to keep my mom and Rose safe."

Azias asked, "Anything else you wanna let me know?"

I added, "All the moments we shared was me trying to gage who you were as a person. I never told whoever it is that I'm working for anything about you, including the vulnerable moments we shared. I also didn't lie about everything we shared being real. I care about you a lot, which is why I'm blowing my cover right now."

He remained silent, as if contemplating everything. "What punishment do you see best fit then?" he asked.

I sadly replied, "I know it's nothing good. If everything was real for you too, you should care enough to not wanna kill me, at least." Azias huffed, and I looked away from him. "You said that the next time I fuck up, you'll cut me off completely. I understand the risk I'll be taking in getting cut off. The person who wanted me to spy on you will easily dispose of me and my loved ones, which is why I asked you to protect them. You have holes in your security, Azias. Not everyone is loyal to you. At least forgive me somewhat for pointing that out."

"Forgive you?!" Azias frowned, appalled. "You've been a snake this entire time!"

"Azias..." I went quiet, as I didn't know what to say. He was right. I had been a snake. A wolf in sheepskin. A traitor and a liar. I didn't deserve grace for what I did.

"I don't like snakes around me," he said as he walked to my dresser. He then took up my phone charger and walked over to me. He slowly wrapped it around my neck, and I gulped. "Know what I do to snakes?"

"Azias, please, I-"

"Shut up!" he aggressively whispered into my ear. He tied the charger around my neck, and tears immediately began flowing down my cheeks.

I sniffled, "Will you at least honor your promise?"

He pulled me over to a chair in the room and cocked his head towards it, telling me to get on top of it, and I began crying even more as I stood on it.

He was going to hang me...