Chapter 8: Howling Demise- Part 3.1

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, for you OG Delamont readers out there, lemme clear this up; unlike the OG Delamont, this chapter will have the Part 3.1 and 3.2 format due to this book being from Gear's POV and not Valentina's. I thought that, in case anybody was confused, this needed to be cleared up. So, let's get on with the chapter!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'We stand up and run back to the lounge, about to vote for who will join Joey to face the Dog Woman...'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

Everybody hurries into the lounge to begin to discuss who they will vote for.

I, on the other hand, hurry into a corner with Val, Lana, Oli and Lizzie to discuss our vote and also to propose something.

Here goes nothing...

"Guys, listen. This may sound forward, but I'm going to ask it, anyhow." I ask, my heart slightly racing.

"I think the five of us should align. I heard Lia, the twins, and Zach are doing the same thing." I blurt, trying to keep my voice down.

Everyone goes quiet.

Oh, God, don't tell me I fucked this up...

"I mean, I'm game." Val said, raising her hand.

"Safety in numbers, that's my motto. Let's do it." Lizzie denotes.

"I can trust you guys, so let's see how it goes." Oli smiles.

"Casanova, you should've known I'd say yes; you didn't need to ask me." Lana laughs.

"Wait... Lana, did you just-" Val questions, nearly laughing.

"It's just a nickname, guys; don't worry." I chuckle.

We discuss the vote, quickly and unanimously reaching the decision to vote for Zach.

He hasn't spoke much, he's rude to all hell and he needs to go. 

We sit down as Heidi begins to speak up.

"The first person in the challenge is The Savant. Understood?" She asks, holding up Joey's cards as we nod.

"This leaves only one slot."

"Wait, Victor, how do you feel about all of this?" Lia comments.

"I mean, the voting stuff was her idea. She is my sister, but I gotta agree; it's a fair way to choose." He responds.

"But, Heidi, we don't have to keep doing this." Joey stutters, trying to keep his composure.

"It must be done. It is time to vote. Tap the card with the face of the person you would like to enter the challenge with The Savant. We'll start with you." Heidi announces, motioning to Val.

The order was essentially the same, just take Megan out of the mix.
Since, you know.... she died.

After the voting, we all just sit, the tension in the air thick.

"I will now shuffle and draw one," Heidi announces.

All I could do at this point was hold Lana's hand as we both hope that neither of us are chosen.

Heidi continues to shuffle the cards.

"The person in the challenge with The Savant is...."

She picks up the card, looks at it, and turns it around.

Wait... what the fuck?!

"N...no..." Lizzie whimpers, tears forming in her eyes.

"Who voted for her!?" Oli shouts, standing up and still in shock.

"Valentina..." I whisper, feeling the colour drain from my face.

"The Seamstress."

"Well, that's it, I guess," She sighs, standing up and clapping. "Let's just get this over with."

"Follow us to the challenge area, guys." Victor said, her and Joey standing up and walking to the door.

"See you soon, guys. If I die, thanks for everything." She whispers, blowing us a kiss and waving before walking out of the door.

Some of us- myself included-waved back, but Zach just sits there, smirking.

Wait a second....

What the fuck did he do?