Chapter 17: The Stone Man- Part 2

"We turn around towards Laceline Rockettes and see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV: 

We face Laceline Rockettes and there's this... man?

I mean, I think it's a man. That or a rejected member of Team X-Men.

He's in a police officer's uniform and his whole right arm and part of his face are covered in stone.

And now this bitch is running towards us like a literal bull and, once again...
The hellmouth has opened. Wonderful, fun for all the family!

That's a lie; this is fucking terrifying. 

"OK! DEFINITELY RUN!" Oli shouts. 

We all run towards the diner, screaming and panicking, barricading the doors shut.

"Are you sure there could be a clue in here?" Vanessa asks, eyes darting as she wandered around the room, looking for clues. 

"There's always been one in here; it'll just seem strange if there's another."

"Could be, could not. We only came in here to get away from the Stone Man." Val pants, slumping against the wall, trying to catch her breath.

"Wait, didn't the map say the Stone Man worked here before a drunken customer turned him to stone?" Lana queries, her face lighting up.

"Yeah, it did." Oli discloses, racing up the stairs.

I don't know what he's doing, but there could be clues literally anywhere, so I'm just going with it.

"Oli, stop being an idiot. The door is going to be locked again!" Zach ridicules, not caring that Oli was trying to use his initiative.

Well, I say initiative, I mean to say that Oli has a brain and Zach doesn't. I didn't say that because I'm feeling like a nice person right now.

Val leans away from the wall, climbs up the stair, and looked at where Oli was standing.

"Well, Zach, you'd be wrong. The door's somehow open." She replies. stunned.

Gear: 'So, we all walk up the stairs and there's this room in what I think is the attic of Laceline Rockettes. I see a balcony and my first instinct is to look from there to find a vantage point.'

So, I go out onto the balcony and just look everywhere since you never know where you could find something.

"You see anything out there, Gear?" Veronica contends,, peeking her head through the door. 

I just shake my head before looking to the side.

There was a fucking key on the fucking railing this whole fucking time.

"Oh, wait, never mind! There's a key out here!" I shout, running back inside.

Vanessa: 'So, Gear runs back in with a key he found on the balcony. And for the first time tonight, there isn't much use for it yet.'

"Maybe there's a safe behind the bar or something, I don't know," Lia states, shrugging her shoulders.

"But most safes need a code," Lana remarks, looking at some books she found on the desk in the room. "But I like your thinking; I think we should try downstairs."