Chapter 14: The Un-named Bandit- Part 3.2

Narrator/ 3rd Person POV:

Lizzie and Lana approach the bridge to the Un-named Bandit's lair.

Besides the bridge, there is a note on a podium.

It reads:

'There are two sets of eight letters hidden in the skulls throughout the liar that spell out the name of the Un-named Bandit; one gold and one silver. The first to find their set of letters and arrange them must call out his name. They will then receive the Blood Ring, whilst the loser's throat will be cut open by the Un-named Bandit's blade.'

Lizzie: 'So, in this challenge, we need to run around, find the skulls and break them to find the letters and figure out the bandit's name is.'

Lana: 'It's like a creepy Easter egg hunt, but you're breaking stuff; I'm good at both things. Do not ask who I'm good at breaking stuff, it's a long story.'

"OK, ladies, are you ready?" Victor asks, trying to prepare the girls for what was about to happen. They both nodded.

"Remember; Lizzie, you're silver. Lana, you're gold." Heidi informs. Once they knew their colours, they both approached the bridge.

"Good luck, ladies," Victor reassures, as both girls run into the lair.

Lana grabs the nearby skulls and smashes them with her heels.

After she smashes three of them, she finds the letter D in it and puts it on her table.

But, the bandit chases her, attempting to shoot her.

"OH MY GOD! LEAVE ME ALONE!" she pants, as she ran away to find more skulls.

The bandit's focus turns to Lizzie; she has just found a letter V and evades getting shot trying to return it to the table.

"Oh my god, I am going to fall!" She shouts, stumbling.

Lana has, in the time it had taken Lizzie to find one, had found two; a T and an E.

Lizzie is keeping good pace, though; she has found another one.

Throughout the challenge, it's a close race, but Lizzie can't find her last letter and Lana has found all eight.

"D, E, T, T...." Lana mumbles as she slams her hands onto the desk.

She had found the bandit's name; Vendetta.

"Vendetta, that's your name!" She shouts.

The bandit then turns and approaches Lizzie.

"Wait! Stay back! G... get away from me! No, no, N- "

Lizzie can't get the last word out before the bandit slices her throat open.

She falls to the ground.

She's dead.

As fast as she can, Lana grabs the Blood Ring and runs off with it, Vendetta following her.

"Place the ring on the hat, Lana!" Heidi urges, Victor holding it out in front of him.

Though Lana's fingers fumble, she gets the ring on the hat and the bandit disappears in a puff of black magic.

"We'd better get back to the others," Victor notes, Heidi and Lana nodding.

Lana takes one last took at the lair, and at Lizzie's body, before she turns around and heads back to the arcade.

Lana takes the hat from Victor and opens the arcade door.

As she enters, she's holding her breath...