Chapter 29: Diabolical Demons- Part 1

"Well, this went a lot better than I expected..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

Well, it's not fair, is it?!" Zach screams.

"She didn't have a chance to prove herself!"

Yep, that's what I'm hearing right now. You're probably wondering how we got in this situation.

Allow me to explain:

So, I had that cute moment with Lana after I defeated the Sword Swallower. And, for a change of scenery, we- as a group- decided to go to the main room of the arcade.

Then, whilst we were discussing how to find the next artifact, Lia somehow got brought into the conversation and Zach started arguing with me for no reason.

Confusing, I know.

"Well, yes, it was my idea to take my shirt off," I confess, causing Val to facepalm.

"But Lia could've easily ignored me and continued with the challenge."

"OK, guys, enough." Oli chimes in, trying to calm the situation down.

"If we don't start working together, nobody's going anywhere."

Oli: 'So, on one hand, we have Val who is narrowly keeping us together by being an absolute bad-ass. Then we have Gear and Lana and yes, they are pretty cute, but at least they are still useful. Then there's Zach, a shady bitch. And then there's me and Lizzie; we just want to go home!'

"OK, I know you probably hate me... which you should do..." Zach trailed off, approaching us.

Val starts shaking and I get a little bit nervous as Lana steps in.

"Zach, it's not like we don't like you as a person; we just don't like this side of you that's come out after Megan died." Lana doubts, just trying to make sure nobody got hurt.

"Yeah, I have to agree. Ever since Megan died, you've become darker, more competitive. You've honestly just been weighing the group down and it's getting worse." Lizzie whimpers.

Valentina: 'I can see both sides of the argument, but I definitely understand where Lizzie and Lana are coming from. There's no shame in being a survivor and fighting for the loved ones and friends you've lost, but then there's also a chance to be like Zach, turn on the group, and smile when your friends die.'

"Something has changed on the map." Heidi reminds, laying it down on the arcade machines.

There's  three new locations on it in three different places.

There's the gas station from earlier- which apparently wasn't important until now- and a bridge to the cemetery.

So, everybody's confused.

But, you can hear the gears in Val's brain working.

No, that wasn't a joke on my own name, I'm being honest.

"I mean, the best bet is the gas station? Just my assumption because it literally says 'Ritual Sacrifice' next to it. So, we gotta save a bitch." She muses.

We all agree and book it to the gas station.

 When we get there, there's this girl with a hood on her head in what looked to be a cowgirl outfit tied to two of the pumps.