Chapter 35: Peculiar Possessions- Part 3

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, I hope you are all ready because we are going into the final death of this story.

After a long night, it is time for the final challenge.

A long night of fighting to the death, puzzle solving and a shit-load of arguing has lead to this. Very. Moment.

So, what are we waiting for? Let's get on with the final challenge of Delamont's Ladykiller!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We all face the altar and see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

We look at the altar and see our tarot cards and a note. 

We're all in shock to see we have to vote again, but we know the note will tell us more.

I grab the note and read it.

It reads:

'To claim the fourth feather to subdue and cleanse the Choker of Possession, two of you must be selected by vote to beat Lucian at his own game.

Be wary, you are nearing your ultimate confrontation with the Delamont Mistress.'

"I didn't think we would have to vote again. I thought this was a twist." Lana squalls, a look of concern on her face.

"Discuss amongst yourselves, please." Heidi says.

"I don't think there's even a reason to discuss this privately, Heidi. We all deserve to be here. Gear and Lana are never gonna vote against each other and Valentina's a badass. So, the question is, who's going in with Zach? Heidi, can we please just skip to the voting?" Oli interrogates, hope in his voice.

"If that is what you wish." Heidi confides, slightly bowing her head.

"It is time to vote. Tap the card with the face of the person you would like to enter Lucian's challenge. We'll start with you." She concludes, motioning to Oli.

Oli: 'The odds are all stacked against Zach. Everybody he had as an ally is dead now, so four votes against him will obviously send him into the challenge and hopefully kill him.'

Zach votes next. It's me and then Lana.

And finally, as per usual, it's Val.

Zach didn't reveal his vote, but since everybody in my alliance is voting for him, that would mean that whoever he voted is going up against him. But, either way, I think Val still voted for Zach.

"I will now shuffle, then draw two," Heidi announces.

This has got to be the most tense I've felt during a voting session all night.

There is a risk for any of us to go in; somebody could've potentially flipped their vote.

I'm just hoping for the best right now.

"It is time. Are you ready?" Heidi ponders, ready to draw the cards.

We all just nod and brace ourselves.