Chapter 37: The Delamont Mistress- Part 1

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, this is it; the final showdown between our remaining four guests- Gear, Lana, Oli and Valentina- and the Delamont Mistress.

This chapter will contain mentions of the undead (Undead demons), a LOT of running, some crazy stuff and a lot of risks. So, get some snacks, get comfy and don't go anywhere. Let's get on with the finale!

Your Author, Marbella.<3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We look at the cemetery and see...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

We look at the almost fiery-looking cemetery and see what looks like zombie-demon hybrids popping up all over the place.

They're limping towards the church.

And for that matter... towards us!

What the hell's happening now?!

"SHIT! We gotta go! RUN!" I yelp, all of us racing out of the church.

"Tearing.... you... APART!" The Delamont Mistress screams as we run, followed by an evil cackle.  

We just fucking belt it out of the area, getting into the arcade and barricading the door before racing into our lounge and pulling the map from the wall.

Oli: 'So, out of nowhere, this Delamont Mistress woman summoned these demon zombies to kill us. And, we get the map off of the wall and there's something on the back of it.'

"That lady just brought the dead back to life. What the hell's going on?!" Lana pants, exhausted from the running.

"Guys, there's something on the back of the map. It might help us out here." Oli mentions, laying the map face down on the back of the table.

And he's right; the monologue- or the passage, whatever ya wanna call it- is different. 

Lana reads what's on the back of the map to us.

It reads:

'We were forced to retreat from our fight against the Delamont Mistress because we didn't know her secret. She stole the Life Locks and placed her spirit inside of them. Whilst these locks still exist, she cannot be killed. You must find the three Life Locks she stole and, combined with the power of the cleansed artifacts, destroy her and free Delamont. The first Life Lock lies at the heart of a fallen forest.

However, be wary of the Delamont Mistress' undead demons. If they capture you, you'll be taken to the cemetery, where you must be rescued by two of your friends who will need to place their hands on the mausoleum. If you are not freed in five minutes, the demons will sacrifice you and feast on your flesh.'

"Wait, turn the map over!" Val urges, pointing to the map.

We look at it and see that where the Un-named Bandit's lair once was, there's a tree stump.

And apparently, that's the heart of this fallen forest the passage was just describing.

"So, no matter what, if one of us gets captured, two of us have to save them. I can't imagine leaving town with none of you." I confide, a slight smile on my face.

"Yeah, we're in this together. Hands in, guys!" Lana cheers, putting her hand in the middle of the map.

We all follow her lead.

"OK, on 3, guys. 1, 2, 3..." Val says, all of us saying 'Together!' at the same time.

And with that, we're off...

***

We make it to the fallen forest, nobody getting captured.

Which, of course, I'm thankful for; we need all the help we can get.

And now, the hard part.
Finding this tree stump.

It's dark as shit out here, so we all just need to feel around, try not to die and try not to run into a tree.

"Wait, guys, I think this is the heart! Over here!" Val contends, waving her hand.

We all run over to her.

Valentina: 'So, now we've found the stump, we need to find how to get this Life Lock, which the map didn't specify. So, let's hope we still have some level of intelligence to figure that out.'

Lana ends up pulling a glowing light out of the stump, as if by magic. 

She thinks it's be a good idea to put the light back on the stump.

And when she does, the lock lowers down and Oli grabs it.

Lana: 'So, somehow, we have the first of these three Life Locks we need to kill the Delamont Mistress and get back home. And Gear finds this note that read:'

The second Life Lock is resting on the end of a dancer's ribbon. However, you will need to wear her famous mask to see it. Her raiments are on higher ground, where you played the Alpha's Game.'

"Wait, was that the game where we pulled the darts from that jar?" Lana queries, everyone nodding.

"Wait, we played it at Laceline Rockettes! The problem is; how do we get there? We can't just leg it again; all the demons are crowding the door." Oli mewls, lightly face-palming himself.

And now, to be intelligent.

"I'm thinking that we all swing around the back of the arcade..." I mutter, bending my hand, trying to find a route.

"And then go in through the side door. Guys, follow me."

Everyone follows me, using the same route I was just muttering to myself.

Once we arrive, we barricade ourselves in and head upstairs.

We just need to find the ribbon and the mask.

And then, we run into a problem;

There's so many undead demons outside, we won't be able to open the door when we get what we need.

"Well, hope isn't lost!" Val effuses, exiting through the front doorway and standing on the railing of the balcony.

"OK, Val, what the fuck are you doing?!" Lana cries, looking completely dumbfounded.

"I'm jumping off of this balcony to distract the demons. I've done it before, don't worry. I'm not gonna die." Val reassures.

No. Fucking. Way.

Is she really gonna...